Ethics of Sport and Athletics
Theory, Issues, and Application, Second edition
480 Pages, 177.00 x 228.00 x 0.00 mm
480 pages, 177.00 x 228.00 x 0.00 mm
- Trade Paperback
- ISBN: 9781975142742
- June 2021
This price is valid for the United Kingdom, change location to view local pricing and availability
Purchase of the new print edition of this Lippincott® Connect title includes lifetime access to the digital version of the book, plus related materials such as videos and multiple-choice Q&A and self-assessments.
Timely, accessible, and focused on practical application, Ethics of Sport & Athletics: Theory, Issues, and Applications, Second Edition, details the theories and mechanics of moral reasoning, ethical and unethical behavior in sport, and the development of moral education through sport. This well-organized, case-based approach to sport-related dilemmas teaches readers how to successfully apply moral reasoning skills in good decision making to ensure confidence in sports management.
Extensively updated with real-world examples drawn from the latest sports headlines, this Second Edition is designed to help readers grapple with the many complicated ethical challenges they’ll encounter in today’s sports professions, including performance enhancement, violence in sports, and racial and gender discrimination. An expanded emphasis on applying knowledge and concepts in sport management further equips readers to confront specific scenarios, ultimately improving the overall moral integrity of sport without diminishing its competitive element.
- UPDATED Coverage familiarizes you with the most pressing sport-related ethical issues you’ll encounter in practice, including discrimination, drug usage, parental involvement in student athletics and challenges related to online/fantasy sports.
- NEW Moral Application in Sport Management section equips you with an effective understanding of the emotional intelligence, organization politics, and employee and athlete motivation involved in successful sport management.
- UPDATED Case studies at the end of each chapter provide essential practice applying ethical reasoning to commonly encountered sport situations.
- UPDATED Mini-case studies throughout each chapter reinforce ethical concepts with specific, real-world sport examples.
- NEW Review questions test your comprehension and place chapter concepts in broader sport contexts.
- Decision-making models boost your confidence in applying concepts to commonly encountered ethical considerations in a sport context.
- Lifetime access to the digital version of the book with the ability to highlight and take notes on key passages for a more personal, efficient study experience.
- Carefully curated resources, such as interactive diagrams, video tutorials, organ sounds, and self-assessment, all designed to facilitate further comprehension.
- Pool content from books across your entire library into self-created Study Collections based on discipline, procedure, organ, concept or other topics.
- Display related text passages, video clips and self-assessment questions from each book (if available) for efficient absorption of material.
- Annotate and highlight key content for easy access later.
- Navigate seamlessly between book chapters, sections, self-assessments, notes and highlights in a single view/page.