Essentials of Psychiatric Nursing
Second edition, International Edition
- ISBN: 9781975148645
- October 2019
This price is valid for the United Kingdom, change location to view local pricing and availability
Gain the basic knowledge and patient interaction skills you need to confidently prepare for psychiatric nursing practice with this concise, engaging text. Essentials of Psychiatric Nursing is easy to understand and rich with clinical examples and explanations that clarify challenging concepts and help you build the unique therapeutic communication capabilities necessary to excel in the care of patients with common mental health disorders.
- New! Unfolding Patient Stories, written by the National League for Nursing, immerse you in commonly encountered clinical scenarios and equip you for successful patient interactions.
- Concept Mastery Alerts drawn from the Lippincott®PrepU adaptive learning system clarify the most challenging mental health nursing concepts.
- NCLEX Notes keep you focused on important application areas for success on the NCLEX®.
- Case Studies interwoven in the mental health disorder chapters help you apply theory to nursing care for specific disorders, supported by online videos that reveal symptoms and procedures in greater detail.
- Emergency Care Alerts help you recognize situations that may require immediate or specialized care.
- Nursing Management of Selected Disorders sections familiarize you with the most common major psychiatric disorders.
- Research for Best Practice boxes reinforce the latest evidence and implications from relevant studies to guide and validate interventions.
- Therapeutic Dialogue features compare and contrast therapeutic and nontherapeutic conversations to help you hone your patient communication skills.
- Psychoeducation Checklists help you develop effective patient and family teaching plans.
- Clinical Vignette features and accompanying questions challenge you to identify solutions to commonly encountered patient scenarios.
- Drug Profile boxes reinforce your understanding of commonly prescribed medications for patients with mental health problems.
- Key Diagnostic Characteristics summaries provide fast access to diagnostic criteria, target symptoms, and associated findings for select disorders as described in the DSM-5 by the American Psychiatric Association.
- Available on the book’s companion website, Nursing Care Plans based on case scenarios guide you through the diagnostic stages and plan of care for patients with a particular diagnosis.
Publication Month: October, 2019
Product Format: Paperback
Weight: 1.270 kg
Bisacs: MEDICAL / Nursing / Psychiatric