ACSM's Resources for the Personal Trainer
American College of Sports Medicine
- Cloth Over Boards
- ISBN: 9781975153205
- June 2021
This price is valid for the United Kingdom, change location to view local pricing and availability
Purchase of the new print edition of this Lippincott® Connect title includes lifetime access to the digital version of the book, plus related materials such as videos and multiple-choice Q&A and self-assessments.
An essential resource to prepare for the ACSM Certified Personal Trainer examination, ACSM’s Resources for the Personal Trainer, 6th Edition, provides critical insights for Certified Personal Trainer candidates looking to boost their exam confidence, as well as practicing Personal Trainers who want to take their practice to the next level. This updated edition is fully aligned with the eleventh edition of ACSM’s Guidelines for Exercise Testing and Prescription and equips readers with the latest practices in client screening, exercise program development, and working with special populations.
Published by the American College of Sports Medicine, this top-selling text guides readers from an introduction to the profession and the science behind the field through the building blocks of a successful exercise program and ultimately the establishment of a successful personal training practice. Engaging case studies and study features help ensure the retention for success on the ACSM-CPT exam and provide prospective and practicing Personal Trainers with both the tools and scientific evidence to build safe and effective exercise programs for a variety of clients.
- NEW! Update content aligned with the 11th edition of ACSM’s Guidelines for Exercise Testing and Prescription prepares students to confidently perform the most effective client fitness assessments and create successful resistance training programs.
- UPDATED! Full-color photographs clarify concepts and techniques.
- Chapter objectives keep students focused on the most vital content.
- Case Studies provide essential practice applying concepts to realistic scenarios commonly encountered by Certified Personal Trainers.
- Key Points and chapter summaries reinforce important chapter takeaways.
- Supporting videos reinforce your understanding of the latest concepts and techniques.
- Lifetime access to the digital version of the book with the ability to highlight and take notes on key passages for a more personal, efficient study experience.
- Carefully curated resources, such as interactive diagrams, video tutorials, organ sounds, and self-assessment, all designed to facilitate further comprehension.
- Pool content from books across your entire library into self-created Study Collections based on discipline, procedure, organ, concept or other topics.
- Display related text passages, video clips and self-assessment questions from each book (if available) for efficient absorption of material.
- Annotate and highlight key content for easy access later.
- Navigate seamlessly between book chapters, sections, self-assessments, notes and highlights in a single view/page.
Publication Month: June, 2021
Product Format: Hardcover
Height x Width: 0.000 x 0.000
Number of pages: 650 pages