Maternity and Pediatric Nursing
Fourth edition, International Edition
Sales Date: 2020-10-31
212.00 x 276.00 mm
, 212.00 x 276.00 mm
- Cloth Over Boards
- ISBN: 9781975161682
- October 2020
This price is valid for the United Kingdom, change location to view local pricing and availability
A nursing process approach provides relevant information in a concise, straightforward manner, streamlining coverage of a broad scope of maternity topics and clearly distinguishing the differences between the care of adults and children. Emphasizing commonly encountered clinical challenges in maternity and pediatric care, this practical text builds students’ ability to anticipate, identify and address problems and provide timely, evidence-based interventions to reduce long-term sequelae.
The updated Fourth Edition readies students for the realities of practice with unfolding case studies and patient stories that hone students’ clinical judgment and challenge them to apply concepts to real-world scenarios they’ll encounter throughout their nursing careers.
- UPDATED! Revised content throughout the text reflects the latest practices and interventions in maternity and pediatric care.
- NEW! Unfolding Patient Stories, written by the National League for Nursing, encourage critical thinking and inspire meaningful classroom discussions about common patient care scenarios.
- NEW! Clinical Reasoning Alerts strengthen students’ ability to recognize key points in the nursing process requiring critical thinking.
- NEW! Healthy People 2030 boxes highlight relevant implications of this U.S. government healthcare initiative on the care of women and children.
- Unfolding Case Studies present concepts in a real-world clinical context to strengthen students’ caregiving capabilities, and accompanying questions boost critical thinking and clinical evaluation skills.
- Nursing Procedures guide students step by step through commonly performed clinical tasks.
- Words of Wisdom give students practical, timely insight from experienced professionals on maternity and pediatric care.
- Teaching Guidelines instill confidence to educate clients about various issues in women’s and pediatric healthcare.
- Evidence-Based Practice boxes reinforce chapter concepts with the relevant, up-to-date clinical research.
- Drug Guides provide fast access to actions, indications, and significant nursing implications for commonly used medications.
- Common Laboratory and Diagnostic Test tables improve students’ diagnostic capabilities for a broad range of disorders.
- Common Medical Treatment tables familiarize students with medical and surgical treatment methods that are frequently employed in maternity and pediatric care.
- Nursing Care Plans demonstrate each step of the nursing process and outline a guide for delivering care.
- Comparison Charts clarify easily confused concepts.
- Consider This! features engage students in commonly encountered real-life scenarios to enhance their critical thinking and clinical reasoning.
- Atraumatic Care highlights provide scenario-specific tips for effective atraumatic care of children.
- Thinking About Development boxes encourage critical thinking about special developmental concerns.
- Learning Objectives help students prioritize information as they learn.
- Key Terms clarify important terminology that may be new to students.
- Key Concepts reinforce essential points from each chapter at a glance.
- Tables, boxes, and illustrations summarize and reinforce for fast reference.
- References and websites point students to resources for deeper review and remediation.
- Chapter worksheets test students’ understanding of chapter content and highlight areas for further review.
Chapter 1 Perspectives on Maternal and Child Health Care
Chapter 2 Family-Centered Community-Based Care
UNIT 2 WOMEN'S HEALTH THROUGHOUT THE LIFE SPAN
Chapter 3 Anatomy and Physiology of the Reproductive System
Chapter 4 Common Reproductive Issues
Chapter 5 Sexually Transmitted Infections
Chapter 6 Disorders of the Breasts
Chapter 7 Benign Disorders of the Female Reproductive Tract
Chapter 8 Cancers of the Female Reproductive Tract
Chapter 9 Violence and Abuse
UNIT 3 PREGNANCY
Chapter 10 Fetal Development and Genetics
Chapter 11 Maternal Adaptation During Pregnancy
Chapter 12 Nursing Management During Pregnancy
UNIT 4 LABOR AND BIRTH
Chapter 13 Labor and Birth Process
Chapter 14 Nursing Management During Labor and Birth
UNIT 5 POSTPARTUM PERIOD
Chapter 15 Postpartum Adaptations
Chapter 16 Nursing Management During the Postpartum Period
UNIT 6 THE NEWBORN
Chapter 17 Newborn Transitioning
Chapter 18 Nursing Management of the Newborn
UNIT 7 CHILDBEARING AT RISK
Chapter 19 Nursing Management of Pregnancy at Risk: Pregnancy-Related Complications
Chapter 20 Nursing Management of the Pregnancy at Risk: Selected Health Conditions and Vulnerable Populations
Chapter 21 Nursing Management of Labor and Birth at Risk
Chapter 22 Nursing Management of the Postpartum Woman at Risk
UNIT 8 THE NEWBORN AT RISK
Chapter 23 Nursing Care of the Newborn with Special Needs
Chapter 24 Nursing Management of the Newborn at Risk: Acquired and Congenital Newborn Conditions
UNIT 9 HEALTH PROMOTION OF THE GROWING CHILD AND FAMILY
Chapter Growth and Development of the Newborn and Infant
Chapter 26 Growth and Development of the Toddler
Chapter 27 Growth and Development of the Preschooler
Chapter 28 Growth and Development of the School-Age Child
Chapter 29 Growth and Development of the Adolescent
UNIT 10 FOUNDATIONS OF PEDIATRIC NURSING
Chapter 30 Atraumatic Care of Children and Families
Chapter 31 Health Supervision
Chapter 32 Health Assessment of Children
Chapter 33 Caring for Children in Diverse Settings
Chapter 34 Caring for the Special Needs Child
Chapter 35 Key Pediatric Nursing Interventions
Chapter 36 Pain Management in Children
UNIT 11 NURSING CARE OF THE CHILD WITH A HEALTH DISORDER
Chapter 37 Nursing Care of the Child With an Infectious or Communicable Disorder
Chapter 38 Nursing Care of the Child With an Alteration in Intracranial Regulation/Neurologic Disorder
Chapter 39 Nursing Care of the Child With an Alteration in Sensory Perception/Disorder of the Eyes or Ears
Chapter 40 Nursing Care of the Child With an Alteration in Gas Exchange/Respiratory Disorder
Chapter 41 Nursing Care of the Child With an Alteration in Perfusion/Cardiovascular Disorder
Chapter 42 Nursing Care of the Child With an Alteration in Bowel Elimination/Gastrointestinal Disorder
Chapter 43 Nursing Care of the Child With an Alteration in Urinary Elimination/Genitourinary Disorder
Chapter 44 Nursing Care of the Child With an Alteration in Mobility/Neuromuscular or Musculoskeletal Disorder
Chapter 45 Nursing Care of the Child With an Alteration in Tissue Integrity/Integumentary Disorder
Chapter 46 Nursing Care of the Child With an Alteration in Cellular Regulation/Hematologic or Neoplastic Disorder
Chapter 47 Nursing Care of the Child With an Alteration in Immunity or Immunologic Disorder
Chapter 48 Nursing Care of the Child With an Alteration in Metabolism/Endocrine Disorder
Chapter 49 Nursing Care of the Child With an Alteration in Genetics
Chapter 50 Nursing Care of the Child With an Alteration in Behavior, Cognition, or Development
Chapter 51 Nursing Care During a Pediatric Emergency
Appendix A Standard Laboratory Values
Appendix B Clinical Paths
Appendix C Cervical Dilation Chart
Appendix D Weight Conversion Charts
Appendix E Breast-Feeding and Medication Use
Appendix F Blood Pressure Charts for Children and Adolescents
Appendix G Growth Charts
Appendix H MyPlate
Appendix I Down Syndrome Healthcare Guidelines
Publication Month: October, 2020
Product Format: Hardcover
Height x Width: 276.000 x 212.000 mm
Weight: 0.003 kg