Community and Public Health Nursing
Tenth edition, International Edition
928 Pages, 212.00 x 276.00 x 0.00 mm
928 pages, 212.00 x 276.00 x 0.00 mm
- Trade Paperback
- ISBN: 9781975164447
- April 2021
This price is valid for the United Kingdom, change location to view local pricing and availability
Covering a multitude of commonly encountered community and public settings, situations, and populations — including older adults, homeless populations, veterans, refugees, and the LGBTQ community — this updated edition has been extensively revised and reorganized to familiarize students with today’s most prominent public health issues and empower them to provide the most effective nursing care wherever they may choose to practice.
- UPDATED! New and revised content throughout reflects the growing need for effective community-based care across the changing healthcare landscape.
- UPDATED! Streamlined organization emphasizes Healthy People 2030 framework and goals and keeps students focused on essential trends and concepts.
- NEW! Ten Essential Public Health Services content incorporated into Active Learning Exercises encourages students to consider situations/questions within this critical context.
- UPDATED! Emphasis on vulnerable groups throughout the text alerts students to specific considerations in the care of diverse population groups, including older adults, veterans, refugees, homeless populations, and the LGBTQ community.
- Evidence-Based Practice features familiarize students with current research examples and their effective application in community/public health nursing practice.
- Stories from the Field boxes present real-world scenarios that emphasize the nursing process and challenge students to consider assessment and intervention in a public health context.
- Levels of Prevention Pyramid boxes enhance students’ understanding of the levels of prevention concepts that are basic to community health nursing.
- Healthy People 2030 content highlights pertinent goals and objectives for health promotion for specific populations.
- Perspectives features immerse students in various viewpoints to promote critical thinking, dispel commonly held misconceptions, and emphasize the link between skills learned in specialty practice and other practice settings.
- What Do YOU Think? features push students to think deeply and reach valuable conclusions on subject matter unique to public health.
- QSEN: Focus on Quality features alert you to Quality and Safety Education for Nurses concepts related to environmental health and disasters, patient-centered care (family/community; empowerment), teamwork/collaboration (communication; system barriers), EBP/QI/ethics and data (e.g., tracking the homeless).
- Population Focus features strengthen your ability to consider chapter concepts from a population-focused perspective.
- C/PHN Use of the Nursing Process boxes allow students to see how assessment, diagnosis, planning, intervention, and evaluation are used within the context of community/public health situations as presented in selected chapters.
- Active Learning Exercises offer essential practice applying chapter concepts to actively solving community health problems.
- Learning Objectives and Key Terms focus students’ attention on essential concepts and vocabulary.
- Summaries provide a concise, bulleted review of preceding chapter content.
- References at the end of each chapter expand students’ knowledge through current research and a broad base of authoritative information sources.
Ensure a mastery of essential nursing skills and equip students for success throughout the nursing education continuum with the complete Community and Public Health Nursing, 10th Edition solution:
- Community and Public Health Nursing: Promoting the Public’s Health, 10th Edition
- Lippincott® CoursePoint+ for Community and Public Health Nursing: Promoting the Public’s Health, 10th Edition
- Lippincott® Clinical Experiences: Community, Public, and Population Health Nursing
- Lippincott® DocuCare
Chapter 1 The Journey Begins: Introduction
Chapter 2 Public Health Nursing in the Community
Chapter 3 History and Evolution of Public Health Nursing
Chapter 4 Evidence-Based Practice and Ethics
Chapter 5 Transcultural Nursing
Unit 2---Community/Public Health Essentials
Chapter 6 Structure and Economics
Chapter 7 Epidemiology in the Community
Chapter 8 Communicable Disease
Chapter 9 Environmental Health and Safety
Unit 3---Community /Public Health Nursing Toolbox
Chapter 10 Communication, Collaboration, and Technology
Chapter 11 Health Promotion Through Education
Chapter 12 Planning, Implementing, and Evaluating Community/Public Health Programs
Chapter 13 Policy Making and Advocacy
Unit 4--- The Health of Our Population
Chapter 14 Family as Client
Chapter 15 Community as Client
Chapter 16 Global Health Nursing
Chapter 17 Disasters and Their Impact
Chapter 18 Violence and Abuse
Unit 5---Aggregate Populations
Chapter 19 Maternal–Child Health
Chapter 20 School-Age Children and Adolescents
Chapter 21 Adult Health
Chapter 22 Older Adults
Unit 6---Vulnerable Populations
Chapter 23 Working with Vulnerable People
Chapter 24 Clients with Disabilities
Chapter 25 Behavioral Health in the Community
Chapter 26 Working with the Homeless
Chapter 27 Rural, Migrant, and Urban Communities
Unit 7---Settings for Community/Public Health Nursing
Chapter 28 Public Settings
Chapter 29 Private Settings
Chapter 30 Home Health and Hospice Care
Appendix Quad Council Tier 1 Community/Public Health Nursing Competencies
Publication Month: April, 2021
Product Format: Paperback
Height x Width: 276.000 x 212.000 mm
Weight: 0.170 kg
Number of pages: 928 pages