ACSM's Fitness Assessment Manual
208 Pages, 212.00 x 276.00 mm, 86
208 pages, 212.00 x 276.00 mm, 86 illustrations
- Trade Paperback
- ISBN: 9781975164454
- June 2021
This price is valid for the United Kingdom, change location to view local pricing and availability
Purchase of the new print edition of this Lippincott® Connect title includes lifetime access to the digital version of the book, plus related materials such as videos and multiple-choice Q&A and self-assessments.
Published by the American College of Sports Medicine, ACSM's Fitness Assessment Manual builds on the standards established in ACSM’S Guidelines for Exercise Testing and Prescription, 11th Edition. With a focus on assessment, this new 6th edition is organized by component of fitness: body composition, cardiorespiratory fitness, muscular fitness, flexibility; and by type of testing: maximal and submaximal exercise testing, ECG, and metabolic calculations.
Updated coverage throughout in a user-friendly format, makes this an essential resource for those studying to enter the fitness and rehabilitation fields, as well as those already working who need to align their practice to industry standards.
- New and revised content throughout, including new chapters on metabolic calculations and electrocardiography, reflects the latest standards published in ACSM’S Guidelines for Exercise Testing and Prescription, 11th Edition.
- New enhanced, large-format, spiral-bound design ensures fast, easy access in any setting.
- Laboratory activities integrated throughout the test students’ knowledge and understanding of assessment methodology.
- Case studies challenge students to apply what they’ve learned and strengthen their assessment and interpretation skills.
- Text boxes, tables and figures clarify important information at a glance.
- Chapter outlines and summaries highlight key chapter concepts for fast reference.
- Lifetime access to the digital version of the book with the ability to highlight and take notes on key passages for a more personal, efficient study experience.
- Carefully curated resources, such as interactive diagrams, video tutorials, organ sounds, and self-assessment, all designed to facilitate further comprehension.
- Pool content from books across your entire library into self-created Study Collections based on discipline, procedure, organ, concept or other topics.
- Display related text passages, video clips and self-assessment questions from each book (if available) for efficient absorption of material.
- Annotate and highlight key content for easy access later.
- Navigate seamlessly between book chapters, sections, self-assessments, notes and highlights in a single view/page.
Publication Month: June, 2021
Product Format: Paperback
Height x Width: 276.000 x 212.000 mm
Number of pages: 208 pages