BRS Behavioral Science
Eighth edition, International Edition, Revised Reprint
Board Review Series
Sales Date: 2021-10-16
384 Pages, 177.00 x 254.00 mm
384 pages, 177.00 x 254.00 mm
- Trade Paperback
- ISBN: 9781975188870
- October 2021
This price is valid for the United Kingdom, change location to view local pricing and availability
This updated edition equips students with the latest clinical findings and perspectives in areas they’ll likely encounter on their exams, including up-to-date information on newly FDA-approved psychopharmacology agents, implications of the Affordable Care Act and other healthcare legislation, current neuroimaging techniques, newly identified substances of abuse, and contemporary examples of vital statistics such as birth rate, infant mortality rate, and more.
- Updated content details the latest developments in psychopharmacology, United States healthcare legislation, biological assessment of patients with psychiatric symptoms, and substance-related disorders to ready students for commonly tested topics.
- Convenient outline format makes exam preparation easy and efficient.
- Chapters reflect the full range of behavioral science—from growth and development through assessment, specific disorders, therapies, legal and ethical issues—and conform to the latest psychiatric classification system, DSM-5.
- Chapter-opening Typical Board Questions (TBQs) provide clinical context and familiarize students with how subjects are tested on the USMLE.
- More than 600 multiple-choice, USMLE-style questions—including many new and updated questions—bolster students’ test-taking confidence and reinforce understanding with detailed explanations.
- End-of-book Comprehensive Exam with answers and detailed explanations also now includes cross-references back to the text for remediation.
- Bolded key terms simplify students’ review of essential behavioral science terminology.
- 80 tables summarize essential information for quick access and efficient review.