Principles, Techniques, CorrelationsMichael Bishop, Edward Fody, Larry SchoeffRead MoreThe most student-friendly clinical chemistry text available today, this fully updated 8th Edition keeps students at the forefront of what continues to be one of the most rapidly advancing areas of laboratory medicine.
With clear explanations that balance analytic principles, techniques, and correlation of results with coverage of disease states, the book not only demonstrates the how of clinical testing, but also the what, why, and when of testing correlations to help students develop the knowledge and interpretive and analytic skills they’ll need in their future careers.
Comprehensive and easy to understand, the 8th Edition now features an entirely new chapter, new and updated learning aids, and an unparalleled suite of teaching and learning resources.
Joel HubbardRead MoreThe Second Edition offers a concise review of all areas of clinical lab science, including the standard areas, such as hematology, chemistry, hemostasis, immunohematology, clinical microbiology, parasitology, urinalysis and more, as well as lab management, lab government regulations, and quality assurance. A companion website offers 35 case studies, an image bank of color images, and a quiz bank with 500 questions in certification format.
Lillian Mundt, Kristy ShanahanRead MoreRetaining the wide array of full color photos, illustrations, and photomicrographs that have made Graff’s Textbook of Urinalysis and Body Fluids a time-honored resource for students and laboratory professionals, this updated Third Edition is now even easier to use and easier to teach from.
In addition to adding new and expanded content, the authors have reorganized the book into shorter, easier-to-digest chapters, added photos that depict important slides currently seen in practice, and created new online engagement exercises to help students master the material. An expanded array of online resources saves instructors time and help students succeed.
- More than 500 photos and illustrations--50 new to this edition--clarify concepts and familiarize readers with the normal and abnormal structures found in body fluids.
- A new chapter on Microscopy covers the basics of microscope handling, principles of illumination, and how to achieve the best contrast for proper viewing.
- Most of the 190 urinary sediment images have been resized and three have been replaced.
- Chapter 10’s Atlas of Urinary Sediment, featuring over 190 full-color photomicrographs, is the central chapter and jewel of the text. No other text includes anything comparable.
- Superb coverage of urinalysis and other bodily fluids, including cerebrospinal fluid, serous fluids, synovial fluids, gastric fluids, fecal analysis, semen analysis, and vaginal secretions, preserves the integrity and importance of Sister Graff ’s work while expanding the book’s use as a valuable resource for students, instructors, and laboratory professionals.
- Chapter Objectives prepare students for each chapter's material by laying out the key topics.
- Chapter-opening Key Terms enhance student understanding and provide handy lists for studying. Terms are bolded and highlighted in color throughout the chapter for in-context reinforcement.
- Chapter-ending Study Questions reinforce key concepts and give students an opportunity to test their understanding.
- Case Studies include sample lab results and images, challenging students to put the chapter's concepts into practice. Answers are in Appendix A.
- An updated Glossary of Terms is ideal for study and review.
- A complete index is especially helpful to those who rely on the book as a reference.
Principles and PracticeEva D. QuinleyRead More
Praised by both instructors and students for its clear, concise, and thorough presentation, Immunohematology: Principles and Practice is an ideal text for anyone who wants to master the theory and practices of today's blood banking. The Third Edition has been completely revised and updated to reflect the latest scientific findings and clinical practices. Among the new materials are chapters dedicated to information technology and project management.
Each chapter features a host of learning aids—including learning objectives, key words, boxes emphasizing critical information, and review questions—to focus your studies and make it easy to learn and apply new concepts. In addition, a section of color plates highlights important material. Online resources include the fully searchable full text online and a special online study guide that features questions and case studies corresponding to each chapter.
Ruth McCall, Cathee M. TankersleyRead MoreEasily transition from classroom to clinic with Phlebotomy Essentials, sixth edition, by Ruth McCall and Cathee Tankersley. Fully revised with the most recent CLSI guidelines, including new venipuncture standards, this exciting new edition will help you prepare for phlebotomy practice today.
Ruth McCallRead More
Phlebotomy Exam Review helps you prepare for any of the national certification exams in phlebotomy and follows the latest accreditation guidelines of both the National Accrediting Agency for Clinical Laboratory Sciences (NAACLS) and the Clinical and Laboratory Standards Institute (CLSI). Great as an accompaniment to Phlebotomy Essentials, a definitive text outlining how to safely and effectively practice phlebotomy, or as a stand-alone resource, this exam review is full of tools to help you succeed.
Inside you'll find hundreds of multiple-choice questions—formatted just like the questions on the national exams—to test your knowledge of current phlebotomy theory and practice.
Ruth McCallRead More
An invaluable companion to Phlebotomy Essentials sixth edition, this Student Workbook helps you quickly master the principles of phlebotomy and apply them in practice. The workbook offers a broad variety of revised and updated exercises and tools that make it engaging and easy to master all the key concepts and procedures covered in the companion textbook. Moreover, it enhances your critical thinking skills, preparing you to successfully manage all the challenges you may face on the job as a professional phlebotomist.
This edition features knowledge-building activities, enabling every type of learner to easily master all aspects of phlebotomy practice.