This handy reference is perfect for nurses entering or needing a refresher in critical care nursing. The book presents the latest information on more 100 critical care disorders in the award-winning Incredibly Easy! style, with light-hearted humour, memory joggers, recurring icons to emphasize key points, and numerous quick-scan tables, illustrations, and flow charts.
The Review of Adult Critical Care Nursing concluded that every critically ill patient should have skilled critical care nursing available, either to care directly for them or to advise on the care required to meet their needs. As a result, pre-registration curricula have been revised to ensure all nurses are exposed to critical care environments, and are competent in critical care skills.
The systems-based approach matches the UK nursing curriculum, and stresses the team-based approach to critical care.
LippincottRead MoreUpdated with new treatments and algorithms, ECG Facts Made Incredibly Quick! Second Edition provides instant access to information that every nurse needs for safe patient care. The book fits comfortably into a pocket, and the wipeable page surface allows nurses to write notes and remove them easily. Coverage includes basic electrocardiography including cardiac conduction, lead placement, and heart rate calculation; rhythm strip interpretation; causes, signs and symptoms, interventions, and treatment for arrhythmias; 12-lead and 15-lead ECG interpretation; ECG changes with angina, MI, pericarditis, and bundle branch block; and antiarrhythmic drugs, pacemakers, and ICDs. Scores of ECG waveforms, treatment algorithms, and charts are included. Distinctive-colored tabs identify each section.
Susan L. Woods, Erika S. Sivarajan Froelicher, Sandra Adams (Underhill) Motzer, Elizabeth J. BridgesRead More
Cardiac Nursing is recognized as "The Red Reference Book" for nurses caring for patients who have, or are at risk for developing, cardiac diseases. The book provides both basic and advanced content in evidence-based care and emphasizes health promotion, health maintenance, and disease management. The five-part organization consists of anatomy and physiology; physiologic and pathophysiologic responses; assessment of heart disease; pathophysiology of heart disease; and health promotion and disease prevention.
This edition has a new Global Perspective feature in most chapters, which reflects the rich cultural mix of patient populations and helps to determine appropriate care. A new chapter on Global Health reflects WHO commitments to reducing heart disease worldwide.
A Holistic ApproachPatricia Gonce Morton, Dorrie K. FontaineRead MoreNow in its 11th edition, this classic text and reference maintains its popular holistic approach to the complexities of critical care nursing with ideal coverage, depth, and features to prepare student nurses to provide optimal care for critically ill patients and their families.
ECG Interpretation: An Incredibly Easy! Workout features scores of lifelike ECG strips and over 250 enjoyable practice exercises to help readers master ECG interpretation. A perfect companion to ECG Interpretation Made Incredibly Easy!, this workbook uses the light-hearted Incredibly Easy! writing style that makes learning and reviewing complex information less threatening and more fun.
Chapters test the reader's knowledge of essential ECG topics, including ECG fundamentals, arrhythmia interpretation, arrhythmia treatment, and 12-lead ECGs. Readers maneuver through a variety of practice exercises that will suit different learning styles, including labeling, placing graphic procedure steps in sequence, crossword puzzles, and matching games. Nurse Joy and other host characters offer coaching and encouragement.
The latest spinoff of the Incredibly Easy! Series®, the Incredibly Visual! Pocket Guides are compact, carry-anywhere references that use stunning full-color photos and illustrations and brief, easy-to-read text to present must-know clinical concepts. Ideally suited for visual learners, the information is easy to learn and recall because the visual images leave a lasting impression, and most topics are covered on a two-page spread.
ECG Interpretation: An Incredibly Visual! Pocket Guide presents the basics of interpreting various rhythm types such as sinus, atrial, junctional, ventricular, and AV blocks. Coverage includes must-know information on ECG changes in specific cardiac disorders such as myocardial infarction, in electrolyte imbalances, and with a pacemaker. Interpretation tips and life-threatening arrhythmias are highlighted throughout.
Nancy DiepenbrockRead More
Sharpen your critical care skills, with the fully updated Quick Reference to Critical Care, fifth 5th edition. This well-illustrated pocket guide covers the full range of critical care scenarios, listing each disorder, medication, test, or device alphabetically by body system. Each entry supports the latest evidence-based nursing procedures and stabilization practices, all formatted in a convenient quick-read outline. Get immediate on-the-job answers to your critical care questions, with this comprehensive quick-use guide.
Get on-the-spot, critical care direction and data …
- NEW neurological content: Salt table on sodium imbalances, table on intercranial hypertension treatments, lumbar puncture, the Ommaya reservoir, stroke, and more
- NEW cardiovascular content: cardiomyopathy, cardiac surgery, new closure devices, EKGs, endovascular embolization, intra-aortic balloon counterpulsation, shock topics, transcatheter aortic valve replacement, ventricular assist device, hypothermia, and more
- NEW pulmonary content: capnography, oxyhemoglobin dissociation curve, Severe Acute Respiratory syndrome (SARS), and more
- NEW GI/GU content: intra-abdominal pressure management, lab abnormalities in acute liver failure, table for calculating body mass, and more
- NEW renal content: the Quinton catheter in hemodialysis and new CDC guidelines
- NEW endocrine content: metabolic syndrome
- NEW hematologic content: clotting cascade and clotting factor, Middle East Respiratory Syndrome (MERS), Ebola virus, AIDS treatments, plasmaphoresis, thrombotic thrombocytopenic purpura, and more
- NEW content on drugs, labs, and imaging; dressing options for wound care
- NEW updated hotline phone numbers
- More than 350 illustrations - Figures, algorithms, photos, drawings, and table
Get vital information fast with the quick reference format that ICU nurses have relied on for decades:
- Read-at-a-glance bulleted outline format enables quick comprehension
- Extensive cross-referencing for additional, related information
- Chapters for each body system with disorders and injuries listed in alpha order
- Tables and charts with vital info on medication, dosing, conversions, compatibilities, lab tests, and more
- Remember feature notes important points to aid easy recall