Manage airway emergencies with confidence!
The Walls Manual of Emergency Airway Management is the world’s most trusted reference on emergency airway management, and is the foundation text in the nationally recognized The Difficult Airway Course: Emergency™, The Difficult Airway Course: Critical Care™, and The Difficult Airway Course: EMS™. Its practical, hands-on approach provides all the concrete guidance you need to effectively respond to any airway emergency, whether in the emergency department, ICU, urgent care setting, pre-hospital environment, or anywhere else airway emergencies may occur.
- Apply the latest evidence-based approaches to all aspects of airway management.New chapters include Managing Retroglottic Devices, Controversies in EMS Airway Management, The Unstable Patient: Optimization for Emergency Airway Management, and Safe Extubation of the At-Risk Emergency Patient. Discover expanded coverage of preoxygenation techniques and comprehensive updates throughout.
- Efficiently overcome any challenge in airway management with the aid of step-by-step instructions, mnemonics, easy-to-follow algorithms, and rich illustrations.
- Glean expert insights from a brand-new editorial team led by Calvin Brown III, MD, who is Dr. Walls’ colleague and protégé, and many of the same airway experts who teach The Difficult Airway Course™.
Your book purchase includes a complimentary download of the enhanced eBook for iOS, Android, PC & Mac. Take advantage of these practical features that will improve your eBook experience:
- The ability to download the eBook on multiple devices at one time — providing a seamless reading experience online or offline
- Powerful search tools and smart navigation cross-links that allow you to search within this book, or across your entire library of VitalSource eBooks
- Multiple viewing options that enable you to scale images and text to any size without losing page clarity as well as responsive design
- The ability to highlight text and add notes with one click
See the inside front cover to find out how to access your eBook!
Highly Commended by the British Medical Association Book Awards, 2018
"great all-in-one resource for airway management and intubation in the emergency department.
"well referenced and clinically focused."
"great cover-to-cover resource for emergency medicine residents, and is equally effective for spot reviewing specific topics."
"has information pertinent for anyone managing patients with a difficult airway both prehospital and in the wards."
"The fifth edition makes some important evidence-based changes which include the management of hemodynamically unstable patients."
"written with the clinician in mind and the authors are clearly familiar with the complications and challenges that can arise in the hectic environment of the emergency department."
"The lead editors are prominent emergency physician researchers and practitioners, and they draw from a deep pool of expert contributors from academic emergency departments across the U.S. for each topic."
"The editors do a good job collaborating with various expert authors to provide a comprehensive manual."
"Each topic has a brief overview followed by instructions on how to perform the clinical interventions using pictures, charts, and illustrations as guides. There is a clear preference for evidence-based procedures, and each chapter contains references at the end."
Doody's Star Rating®: 4 stars Score: 90
-Doodys Publishers' Club, Friday, June 23, 2017
- Publication Month
- July 2017
- Edition Type
- Product Format
- Height x Width
- 6452 x 4522 mm
- 432274 grams
- Number of Pages
- 512 pages
- MEDICAL / Emergency Medicine
- Country of Manufacture