When seconds count, turn to the resource that provides easy-to-find, easy-to-follow guidelines for the essential procedures you’re likely to use in today’s Emergency Department. Essential Emergency Procedures, 2nd Edition
delivers the information you need using a consistent, bulleted, outline format, so you can find what you’re looking for quickly and easily. Abundantly illustrated in full color, it guides you step by step through nearly 100 adult and pediatric procedures.
- Consult seven all-new chapters for current information on procedures used in today’s ED: video laryngoscopy, delayed sequence intubation, NO DESAT, meconium aspirator for airway suctioning, E-FAST, retrograde urethrogram/cystogram, and soft tissue ultrasound.
- Quickly locate foreign body removal and trauma procedures in new, separate sections devoted to these key areas.
- Find ultrasound procedures now conveniently located with their respective body system chapters.
- Locate safety and quality guidelines easily within each chapter: an all-new feature edited by Dr. Reuben Strayer that reviews common procedural and cognitive errors to avoid for each procedure.
Now with the print edition, enjoy the bundled interactive eBook edition, offering tablet, smartphone, or online access to:
- Complete content with enhanced navigation.
- Powerful search tools and smart navigation cross-links that pull results from content in the book, your notes, and even the web.
- Cross-linked pages, references, and more for easy navigation.
- Highlighting tool for easier reference of key content throughout the text.
- Ability to take and share notes with friends and colleagues.
- Quick reference tabbing to save your favorite content for future use.