Lippincott Williams & Wilkins
Lippincott Williams & WilkinsRead MoreAnatomy & Physiology Made Incredibly Easy 4e presents the vast, sometimes overwhelming details of anatomy and physiology in the enjoyable, user-friendly, award-winning Incredibly Easy! style. Featuring a 4-color interior and using light-hearted humor throughout, the text reviews the core concepts of anatomy and physiology and offers detailed coverage of every major body system, along with nutrition, fluids and electrolytes, reproduction and lactation, and genetics. The “Practice Makes Perfect" section showcases NCLEX-style questions, and the book also includes pocket-sized study cards for on-the-go review. A companion Website offers student and instructor resources, including study cards, physiology animations, PowerPoint presentations, a test generator, teaching tips, and practice exercises/activities.
Lippincott Williams & WilkinsRead More
Cardiovascular care is one of the most demanding and complex areas of nursing practice. The wide-ranging, accessible and attractive pedagogy of Cardiovascular Care Made Incredibly Easy helps student nurses achieve a thorough understanding of this subject. Adapted for the UK, this book is packed with illustrations, chapter overviews, memory joggers and quick quizzes, which bring together the broad base of knowledge whilst targeting key information that the learner nurse needs to be confident in cardiovascular care.
Drawing on current UK guidance, Cardiovascular Care Made Incredibly Easy is rooted soundly in current standards of practice. It is an essential resource for any nurse new to cardiovascular care in the UK, as well as those wishing to refresh their knowledge.
The Heroes of HealthcareLippincott Williams & WilkinsRead MoreThe 2018 Inspired Nurse Calendar The Heroes of Healthcare calendar shares touching stories from the experiences of real nurses who are dedicated to healing. The stories showcased in the calendar are only a small representation of the hard work put in by nurses everywhere, and have been submitted by nurses in our community -- their experience ranging from recent graduates to seasoned veterans. The calendar was designed with the idea of providing a constant reminder of how critical nursing is to healthcare by highlighting some of the moments that make all the hard work worth it for the millions of truly inspired nurses and the patients they help every day. This calendar was created by the inspired team at Lippincott Solutions. We hope these stories will be a constant source of inspiration and reminder of just what it means to be a nurse.
Lippincott Williams & WilkinsRead MoreACLS Review Made Incredibly Easy!® gives you the confidence you need to pass the ACLS certification exam as well as the knowledge and skills needed to perform advanced cardiac life support.
Packed with easy-to-remember definitions and step-by-step directions on the latest treatment algorithms, this enjoyable review text tackles required ACLS course and exam content. It is also the perfect on-the-spot clinical reference—for nurses, students, and all healthcare professionals.
Be expertly guided through the latest ACLS training and exam preparation with:
- NEW and updated content in quick-read, bulleted format, based on current American Heart Association guidelines
- NEW and updated cardiovascular pharmacology content
- NEW and updated interventions
- Explains ACLS course and exam components and requirements
- Proven study strategies, end-of-chapter quick quizzes, and an end-of-book practice test
- Explanations of complex concepts—easy-to-retain guidance on how to recognize and treat cardiac arrhythmias, including:
- Classifications of interventions, including basic life support skills, adult cardiac arrest algorithm, and defibrillation
- Step-by-step how-tos for current treatment algorithms
- Managing specific rhythms—hypovolemia, hypoxia, acidosis, hypothermia, cardiac tamponade, tension pneumothorax, pulmonary coronary thrombosis, and more
- Dozens of colorful diagrams and illustrations outline the core concepts and skills needed for ACLS certification, including:
- CPR – when and how to use it
- Devices and procedures skills – safe ventilation techniques, including endotracheal intubation and supraglottic devices, as well as defibrillators, pacemakers, and more
- Early management – managing the first 30 minutes of cardiac emergencies
- Emergency conditions – which cardiac rhythms may require ACLS treatment
- IV and invasive techniques – such as peripheral and central IV line insertion
- Pharmacology – knowing the action, indication, dosages, and precautions for the major drugs used during ACLS
- Special features that include:
- Just the facts – quick summary of each chapter’s content
- Quick quiz – multiple-choice questions after each chapter to help you retain knowledge
o What to look for – tips on identifying and interpreting arrhythmias.
About the Clinical Editor
Kate Stout, RN, MSN, is a Critical Care Charge RN at Southern Hills Hospital in Las Vegas, Nevada.
Lippincott Williams & WilkinsRead MoreAnatomy & Physiology Made Incredibly Visual is an innovative new reference that brings clinical subjects to life using a vivid, graphic presentation. Like the Incredibly Easy series, the Incredibly Visual series takes difficult clinical topics and presents them in a clear, concise, easy-to-understand manner. The highly visual nature of this book makes anatomy and physiology fundamentals accessible to the reader in a unique and interesting way that enables quick review and comprehension as well as practical application. For each body system, the book logically first presents anatomic fundamentals necessary to understand the complex physiology of the body. Then physiologic processes are presented more visually than ever before. This new approach to clinical content maximizes the power of visual thinking by getting readers as close to the clinical content as they can get without actually being in the room with a patient. Complex ideas are broken down into their component parts, with each component made unmistakably simple in appealingly colorful and graphic ways. Readers will read less, understand more, and see things more clearly than ever before.
A companion website is available with fully-searchable text.
Lippincott Williams & WilkinsRead MorePublisher’s Note: Products purchased from 3rd Party sellers are not guaranteed by the Publisher for quality, authenticity, or access to any online entitlements included with the product.
Confidently interpret test results throughout your nursing curriculum, in clinicals, and in practice.
Designed to accompany Brunner & Suddarth's Textbook for Medical-Surgical Nursing, 14th Edition, this concise, portable, full-color handbook gives you quick access to hundreds of test results and their implications for nursing. Easily review specimen collection procedures and access a concise, alphabetical list of nearly 300 tests and their implications.
- Find the information you need fast for each test:
- Reference values, critical values, and/or normal findings
- Abnormal findings with associated nursing implications
- Purpose and description
- Interfering factors
- Nursing considerations for patient care before, during, and/or after the test
- Confidently address priority care issues and potentially hazardous or life-threatening situations with clearly identified best practices and warnings.
- Locate presentations of diseases, disorders, measurements, testing equipment, and examples of results at a glance in figures, tables, and boxes.
- Find the information you need fast for each test:
Lippincott Williams & WilkinsRead MoreGet the vital basics of cardiovascular care, with the expert direction and clear-cut images of the freshly updated Cardiovascular Care Made Incredibly Visual!™, 3rd Edition.
Let this colorful, down-to-earth text guide you smoothly through essential skills, concepts, and equipment how-to’s, including physical assessments, diagnostic tests, cardiac monitoring, and handling emergencies and complications. Get ready for success in both the classroom and with patient care; the clear explanations, Incredibly Visual™ humor, and numerous illustrations make this the enjoyable way to learn positive, effective cardiac care.
Master the fundamental concepts, skills, and processes of cardiac care …
- NEW and updated guidance on the Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) algorithms, with step-by-step direction on handling emergency situations
- NEW end-of-chapter selected readings that support evidence-based learning
- Hundreds of colorful imagesthatbring complex cardiovascular care concepts to life—drawings, charts, photos, and diagrams explaining and reinforcing key cardiovascular concepts in easy-to-follow ways
- Ideal reference and review for nursing students, new nurses, and other healthcare practitioners—detailed visuals and clear, concise explanations to help you master cardiovascular anatomy, and physiology and effective treatments and interventions
- Perfect for visual learners—numerous images that demonstrate skills and interventions in easy-to-follow ways, including:
- Essential cardiovascular anatomy and physiology
- Physical assessment techniques
- Diagnostic tests
- Common disorders
- ECG interpretation, including rhythm strip analysis, the 8-step method, and arrhythmias
- Cardiac monitoring methods, including handling monitor problems
- Hemodynamic monitoring
- Handling complications
- Treatments and interventions
- Emergency procedures
- Excellent teaching aid—visual, step-by-step instruction applied to real-life patient care scenarios, backed by expert clinical tips
- Perfect supplement to medical-surgical texts on cardiovascular care, clarifying complex concepts
- Chapter features:
- Just the facts—quick summary of chapter content
- Vision Quest—End-of-Chapter games that help you match words, concepts, and photos to reinforce key learning points
- “Nurse Joy and Jake” —Practical advice and expert insights offered throughout
- Memory jogger—simple techniques for remembering vital information
About the Clinical Editor
Mary Ann Siciliano McLaughlin EdD, RN, is Assistant Professor and Program Director of the Accelerated BSN Program at Gwynedd Mercy University, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.
The A-to-Z Guide to Better Nursing DocumentationLippincott Williams & WilkinsRead More
Thoroughly updated for its Third Edition, this portable handbook shows nurses in all practice settings exactly what to document in any situation. Nearly 300 alphabetically organized entries cover diseases, emergencies, procedures, legal and ethical problems, and difficult situations involving patients, families, and other health care professionals. Legal Casebook sidebars provide real-world examples of court cases. AccuChart sample forms show how to accurately complete various forms.
This edition includes new, difficult, and timely charting situations such as moderate sedation, medication reconciliation, infant identification, faxing medical records, and requests by families for medical advice. Other highlights include expanded information on the electronic medical record, current Joint Commission guidelines on abbreviation use, and the newest NANDA nursing diagnoses.
Lippincott Williams & WilkinsRead More
In its Fourth Edition, Charting Made Incredibly Easy! provides up-to-the-minute guidelines on documentation in a comprehensive, clear, concise, practical, and entertaining manner. The book reviews the fundamental aspects of charting such as the medical record, the nursing process, and legal and professional requirements, guidelines for developing a solid plan of care, and the variety of charting formats currently being used. It also addresses the specific requirements for charting in acute care, home care, and long-term care and rehabilitation settings. Special elements found throughout the book make it easy to remember key points. This edition includes new information on cultural needs assessment, HIPAA, National Patient Safety Goals, and electronic health records.
Lippincott Williams & WilkinsRead MoreAnatomía y Fisiología forma parte de la serie Colección Lippincott Enfermería. Un enfoque práctico y conciso, caracterizada por presentar de forma divertida, atractiva y visual, temas alta complejidad en la enseñanza de enfermería. El objetivo del presente título es ofrecer todos los términos y conceptos básicos de anatomía y fisiología de forma amigable y sencilla. La información se presenta con la claridad que todos los estudiantes necesitan para entender la estructura básica y las funciones principales de los sistemas corporales. Contiene, asimismo, información sobre genética, nutrición, reproducción y mucho más.
Lippincott Williams & WilkinsRead MoreCuidados cardiovasculares forma parte de la serie Colección Lippincott Enfermería. Un enfoque práctico y conciso, caracterizada por presentar de forma divertida, atractiva y visual, temas alta complejidad en la enseñanza de enfermería. El objetivo del presente título es ofrecer los conceptos, habilidades y procesos fundamentales del cuidado cardíaco. Comprende habilidades, conceptos y equipamiento esenciales, exploración físicas, pruebas diagnósticas, control cardíaco y manejo de emergencias y complicaciones.
Lippincott Williams & WilkinsRead MoreECG Interpretation Made Incredibly Easy makes learning to read and interpret rhythm strips simple. The book reviews fundamental cardiac anatomy and physiology, explains how to obtain and interpret a rhythm strip, and teaches the reader how to recognize and treat sinus, atrial, and ventricular arrhythmias, as well as heart blocks. In addition, the book explains how to obtain and interpret 12-lead ECGs. Each chapter features: a summary of key points; clear, simple explanations of problems; definitions of key terms; illustrations that clearly explain key concepts; bullets, ballot boxes, and checklists that make it easy to spot important points at a glance; sidebars that highlights key facts about ECG interpretation; and quick quizzes to test knowledge.
Lippincott Williams & WilkinsRead MoreStrengthen your emergency nursing know-how, with the newly updated ER Facts Made Incredibly Quick!®, 2nd edition, the indispensable pocket guide that offers on-the-go clarity on ER care essentials.
Thumb quickly to the right topic with the help of brightly colored tabs, then scan the easy-read bulleted text for crucial how-to’s on trauma assessments, CPR, medications and IV, and treating multiple trauma, breathing difficulties, and gunshot wounds, and more. This is vital clinical support for, nurses and all ER healthcare professionals.
Be expertly guided through ER assessments, devices, and treatment with …
- NEW and updated quick-read, bulleted content, tables, and colorful images
- NEW and updated tables, photos, drawings, and diagrams
- Laminated pages are wipeable for easy notetaking and erasing
- Pocket-sized, spiral-bound format offering on-the-spot access to expert guidance
- Dozens of colorful diagrams, charts, and images supporting guidance on areas such as:
- Vital signs chart – neonates to older adults
- Advanced cardiac life support algorithms
- 8-step method for rhythm strip analysis
- Hands-free electrode placement for defibrillation
- CPR and choking interventions, by age group
- Assessment skills and flow charts for assessing individual body systems
- Step-by-step direction on triage methods—assessments, procedures, and monitoring, including:
- Triage criteria for critical trauma assessment
- Primary and secondary assessment – parameters, questions to ask patients, interventions
- Emergency Nurses Association and Academy of Emergency Physicians five-level triage scale to determine patient acuity
- Assessing child and elder abuse and neglect
- Maternal/neonatal charts – assessing gestational age, maternal hypotension, true versus false labor, fetal distress, preeclampsia, and more
- Newborn assessment charts and graphs – neonatal resuscitation, APGAR scoring system, pediatric vital sign normal ranges, pediatric trauma score, and more
- Assessment charts and pain measurement scale for scoring pain acuteness, symptoms, and appearance
- Disaster and mass casualty triage protocols
- Treating special triage populations – pediatric, geriatric, pregnant, LGBTQ patients
- Cultural considerations in patient care
- Evidence collection kit materials
- Practical guide to patient teaching
About the Clinical Editor
Joyce Foresman-Capuzzi, MSN, APRN, CCNS, is a Clinical Nurse Educator at Lankenau Medical Center at the Crozer Keystone Health System in Chester, Pennsylvania.
Lippincott Williams & WilkinsRead MoreFluids & Electrolytes Made Incredibly Easy, Sixth Edition, uses a conversational writing style to break down complex concepts and make the fundamentals of fluids and electrolytes easy to understand and put into practice. This fully revised, updated book is organized into four parts to provide comprehensive coverage of this challenging topic:
- Fluid, electrolyte, and acid-base basics- Fluid and electrolyte imbalances- The importance and management of imbalances in major health problems- Treatments
Each chapter includes clear, simple explanations of health problems, definitions of key terms, illustrations that clearly explain key concepts, memory joggers, and bullets and checklists that make it easy to spot important points at a glance. Chapter summaries provide a quick review of all essential information, and special elements found throughout the text make it easy to remember key points:
- Quick-scan tables, illustrations, and flow charts focus on key information- “Ages and stages" icons identify age-related considerations- "Chart smart" sections outline all the points that require documentation for a specific imbalance or condition- "It's not working" icons tell the reader what to do when standard interventions aren't getting results- "Teaching points" focus on topics to teach patients- "Uh-oh" icons help the reader quickly recognize dangerous or life-threatening signs and symptoms- Quick reference appendices on fluid and electrolyte differences in pediatric and geriatric populations.
Lippincott Williams & WilkinsRead More
Fluids and Electrolytes: An Incredibly Easy! Pocket Guide, Second Edition provides just the essential facts in a streamlined, bulleted quick-reference format, using illustrations, logos, and other Incredibly Easy! features to help nurses spot key points at a glance. The opening chapters review the basics of fluid, electrolyte, and acid-base balance. Subsequent chapters address specific imbalances, providing vital information for safe and effective care. The last chapter covers such treatments as IV fluid replacement and total parenteral nutrition. This edition has been revised and updated and includes new entries on acute pancreatitis and heat syndrome.
Lippincott Williams & WilkinsRead MoreThoroughly updated for its Fifth Edition, this convenient, portable handbook is a comprehensive guide to the evaluation of more than 530 signs and symptoms. It has all the assessment information busy clinicians need in a single source. Each entry describes the sign or symptom and covers emergency interventions if needed, history and physical examination, medical and other causes with their associated signs and symptoms, and special considerations such as tests, monitoring, treatment, and gender and cultural issues. This edition identifies specific signs and symptoms caused by emerging diseases such as avian flu, monkeypox, respiratory syncytial virus, norovirus, metabolic syndrome, blast lung injury, Kawasaki disease, and popcorn lung disease.
Lippincott Williams & WilkinsRead MoreReady to learn health assessment skills? The fully updated Health Assessment Made Incredibly Visual, 3rd Edition, shows you how—with humor, great visuals, and real-life scenarios.
Hundreds of colorful drawings, diagrams, and photos support easy-to-follow, expert nursing instruction on the many skills needed for physical exams and assessments of every body system, from head to toe. Fulfill the requirements of student nursing—and start your nursing practice with a high standard—with this top-level direction on performing solid, accurate health assessments!
Benefit from the expert wisdom of this invaluable guide, featuring . . .
- NEW content on geriatric care from the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders, Fourth and Fifth Edition (DSM-4 and DSM-5)
- Simple-to-use and easy-to-follow guidance on all aspects of health assessment
- Fully illustrated examples of best practices – Current nursing standards for each type of assessment
- Support for accurate assessment – Guides you through the anatomy and assessment processes for each body system or health issue, including skin, hair, and nails; eyes and ears; nose, mouth, throat, and neck; pregnancy, and the respiratory, cardiovascular, gastrointestinal, musculoskeletal, neurologic, and genitourinary systems
- Step-by-step guidance on examination skills with photos, diagrams, drawings, and descriptions for areas including:
- Use of examination tools and equipment
- Choosing, using, and interpreting assessment tests
- Spotting abnormalities
- Palpating the nose and maxillary sinuses
- Measuring diaphragm movement
- Percussing the chest
- Measuring vision
- Assessing eye muscle function
- Hearing and voice assessments
- Special chapter features:
- Take Note – Real-life examples of documentation for complex conditions
- Outside the norm – Photos and explanations of abnormalities
- Memory board – Memory tricks that help you remember vital concepts and key treatments
- Symptom synopsis – Symptoms, key facts, and possible causes for numerous conditions
- Skill check – Expert guidance, backed by real-life photos, on how to examine and assess different body systems and functions
- Q&A – End-of-chapter quizzes—puzzles, riddles, and multiple-choice questions to help you retain essential information
Lippincott Williams & WilkinsRead More
Get a thorough grounding in delivering safe, effective infusion therapy with the friendly support and technical guidance of the newly updated Infusion Therapy Made Incredibly Easy!®, 5th edition.
This complete how-to on administering and monitoring different IV medications delivers clear direction on vital concepts, terms, and techniques—backed by numerous illustrations, confidence-building humor, and expert insights. Offering clear, concise direction for nursing students, this popular Incredibly Easy!® text is also the ideal refresher for nurses and all practitioners learning best practices for a range of infusion therapies.