Lippincott Williams & Wilkins
Lippincott Williams & WilkinsRead MoreAnatomy & Physiology Made Incredibly Easy 4e presents the vast, sometimes overwhelming details of anatomy and physiology in the enjoyable, user-friendly, award-winning Incredibly Easy! style. Featuring a 4-color interior and using light-hearted humor throughout, the text reviews the core concepts of anatomy and physiology and offers detailed coverage of every major body system, along with nutrition, fluids and electrolytes, reproduction and lactation, and genetics. The “Practice Makes Perfect" section showcases NCLEX-style questions, and the book also includes pocket-sized study cards for on-the-go review. A companion Website offers student and instructor resources, including study cards, physiology animations, PowerPoint presentations, a test generator, teaching tips, and practice exercises/activities.
Lippincott Williams & WilkinsRead More
Cardiovascular care is one of the most demanding and complex areas of nursing practice. The wide-ranging, accessible and attractive pedagogy of Cardiovascular Care Made Incredibly Easy helps student nurses achieve a thorough understanding of this subject. Adapted for the UK, this book is packed with illustrations, chapter overviews, memory joggers and quick quizzes, which bring together the broad base of knowledge whilst targeting key information that the learner nurse needs to be confident in cardiovascular care.
Drawing on current UK guidance, Cardiovascular Care Made Incredibly Easy is rooted soundly in current standards of practice. It is an essential resource for any nurse new to cardiovascular care in the UK, as well as those wishing to refresh their knowledge.
Lippincott Williams & WilkinsRead More
The Fourth Edition of this practical reference provides current, comprehensive information on I.V. therapy in a clear, concise, and entertaining manner. The book reviews the basics of I.V. therapy such as purpose, delivery methods, flow rates, legal issues, profession standards, and documentation; discusses the necessary components of peripheral and central venous therapy, including access sites, equipment, preparation, maintenance, and discontinuation of therapy; and describes administration of I.V. medications, including special considerations for the pediatric, elderly, and home care patient. Coverage includes transfusion therapy, chemotherapy, and parenteral nutrition. This edition includes new geriatrics and pediatrics chapters, new information on home care throughout, and updated Infusion Nurses Society standards.
Lippincott Williams & WilkinsRead MoreMedical-Surgical Nursing Made Incredibly Easy! Third Edition provides nurses and nursing students with the information they need to confidently provide optimal care to patients. Written in the award-winning Incredibly Easy! style, which makes complex medical-surgical nursing concepts easy to understand, it is perfect for those entering or needing a refresher in medical-surgical nursing.The updated text covers nearly 300 disorders, treatments and nursing interventions across 13 body system-oriented chapters, with additional overview chapters on the nursing process and perioperative care, end-of-life care, and obesity. Each chapter includes a summary of key points and features headings and illustrations to enhance learning. Consistently formatted chapters and disorder entries make information easy to find. Key terms, bullets, checklists, and graphics focus attention on important information. In addition, online components, including case studies and NCLEX®-style questions, provide readers with additional learning tools.
Lippincott Williams & WilkinsRead MoreACLS Review Made Incredibly Easy!® gives you the confidence you need to pass the ACLS certification exam as well as the knowledge and skills needed to perform advanced cardiac life support.
Packed with easy-to-remember definitions and step-by-step directions on the latest treatment algorithms, this enjoyable review text tackles required ACLS course and exam content. It is also the perfect on-the-spot clinical reference—for nurses, students, and all healthcare professionals.
Be expertly guided through the latest ACLS training and exam preparation with:
- NEW and updated content in quick-read, bulleted format, based on current American Heart Association guidelines
- NEW and updated cardiovascular pharmacology content
- NEW and updated interventions
- Explains ACLS course and exam components and requirements
- Proven study strategies, end-of-chapter quick quizzes, and an end-of-book practice test
- Explanations of complex concepts—easy-to-retain guidance on how to recognize and treat cardiac arrhythmias, including:
- Classifications of interventions, including basic life support skills, adult cardiac arrest algorithm, and defibrillation
- Step-by-step how-tos for current treatment algorithms
- Managing specific rhythms—hypovolemia, hypoxia, acidosis, hypothermia, cardiac tamponade, tension pneumothorax, pulmonary coronary thrombosis, and more
- Dozens of colorful diagrams and illustrations outline the core concepts and skills needed for ACLS certification, including:
- CPR – when and how to use it
- Devices and procedures skills – safe ventilation techniques, including endotracheal intubation and supraglottic devices, as well as defibrillators, pacemakers, and more
- Early management – managing the first 30 minutes of cardiac emergencies
- Emergency conditions – which cardiac rhythms may require ACLS treatment
- IV and invasive techniques – such as peripheral and central IV line insertion
- Pharmacology – knowing the action, indication, dosages, and precautions for the major drugs used during ACLS
- Special features that include:
- Just the facts – quick summary of each chapter’s content
- Quick quiz – multiple-choice questions after each chapter to help you retain knowledge
o What to look for – tips on identifying and interpreting arrhythmias.
About the Clinical Editor
Kate Stout, RN, MSN, is a Critical Care Charge RN at Southern Hills Hospital in Las Vegas, Nevada.
Lippincott Williams & WilkinsRead MoreAnatomy & Physiology Made Incredibly Visual is an innovative new reference that brings clinical subjects to life using a vivid, graphic presentation. Like the Incredibly Easy series, the Incredibly Visual series takes difficult clinical topics and presents them in a clear, concise, easy-to-understand manner. The highly visual nature of this book makes anatomy and physiology fundamentals accessible to the reader in a unique and interesting way that enables quick review and comprehension as well as practical application. For each body system, the book logically first presents anatomic fundamentals necessary to understand the complex physiology of the body. Then physiologic processes are presented more visually than ever before. This new approach to clinical content maximizes the power of visual thinking by getting readers as close to the clinical content as they can get without actually being in the room with a patient. Complex ideas are broken down into their component parts, with each component made unmistakably simple in appealingly colorful and graphic ways. Readers will read less, understand more, and see things more clearly than ever before.
A companion website is available with fully-searchable text.
Australia and New Zealand Package of Medical Surgical Nursing & Fundamentals of Nursing and Midwifery, 2nd editionLippincott Williams & WilkinsRead MoreThis package contains the following products:
- 9781496349125 Farrell Smeltzer & Bares Textbook of Medical-Surgical Nursing, 4e
- 9781496350992 Hill Fundamentals of Nursing and Midwifery, 3e
The A-to-Z Guide to Better Nursing DocumentationLippincott Williams & WilkinsRead More
Thoroughly updated for its Third Edition, this portable handbook shows nurses in all practice settings exactly what to document in any situation. Nearly 300 alphabetically organized entries cover diseases, emergencies, procedures, legal and ethical problems, and difficult situations involving patients, families, and other health care professionals. Legal Casebook sidebars provide real-world examples of court cases. AccuChart sample forms show how to accurately complete various forms.
This edition includes new, difficult, and timely charting situations such as moderate sedation, medication reconciliation, infant identification, faxing medical records, and requests by families for medical advice. Other highlights include expanded information on the electronic medical record, current Joint Commission guidelines on abbreviation use, and the newest NANDA nursing diagnoses.
Lippincott Williams & WilkinsRead More
In its Fourth Edition, Charting Made Incredibly Easy! provides up-to-the-minute guidelines on documentation in a comprehensive, clear, concise, practical, and entertaining manner. The book reviews the fundamental aspects of charting such as the medical record, the nursing process, and legal and professional requirements, guidelines for developing a solid plan of care, and the variety of charting formats currently being used. It also addresses the specific requirements for charting in acute care, home care, and long-term care and rehabilitation settings. Special elements found throughout the book make it easy to remember key points. This edition includes new information on cultural needs assessment, HIPAA, National Patient Safety Goals, and electronic health records.
Lippincott Williams & WilkinsRead MoreECG Interpretation Made Incredibly Easy makes learning to read and interpret rhythm strips simple. The book reviews fundamental cardiac anatomy and physiology, explains how to obtain and interpret a rhythm strip, and teaches the reader how to recognize and treat sinus, atrial, and ventricular arrhythmias, as well as heart blocks. In addition, the book explains how to obtain and interpret 12-lead ECGs. Each chapter features: a summary of key points; clear, simple explanations of problems; definitions of key terms; illustrations that clearly explain key concepts; bullets, ballot boxes, and checklists that make it easy to spot important points at a glance; sidebars that highlights key facts about ECG interpretation; and quick quizzes to test knowledge.
Lippincott Williams & WilkinsRead More
Fluids and Electrolytes: An Incredibly Easy! Pocket Guide, Second Edition provides just the essential facts in a streamlined, bulleted quick-reference format, using illustrations, logos, and other Incredibly Easy! features to help nurses spot key points at a glance. The opening chapters review the basics of fluid, electrolyte, and acid-base balance. Subsequent chapters address specific imbalances, providing vital information for safe and effective care. The last chapter covers such treatments as IV fluid replacement and total parenteral nutrition. This edition has been revised and updated and includes new entries on acute pancreatitis and heat syndrome.
Lippincott Williams & WilkinsRead More
This companion book to Focus on Adult Health: Medical-Surgical Nursing is a concise, portable, full-color handbook of hundreds of test results and their implications. The two-part presentation includes a review of specimen collection procedures followed by an alphabetical list of tests. Tests include important information about reference values, normal and abnormal values as well as associated nursing implications, interfering factors, and essential nursing considerations before, during, and after the test.
Lippincott Williams & WilkinsRead MoreThoroughly updated for its Fifth Edition, this convenient, portable handbook is a comprehensive guide to the evaluation of more than 530 signs and symptoms. It has all the assessment information busy clinicians need in a single source. Each entry describes the sign or symptom and covers emergency interventions if needed, history and physical examination, medical and other causes with their associated signs and symptoms, and special considerations such as tests, monitoring, treatment, and gender and cultural issues. This edition identifies specific signs and symptoms caused by emerging diseases such as avian flu, monkeypox, respiratory syncytial virus, norovirus, metabolic syndrome, blast lung injury, Kawasaki disease, and popcorn lung disease.
Lippincott Williams & WilkinsRead MoreReady to learn health assessment skills? The fully updated Health Assessment Made Incredibly Visual, 3rd Edition, shows you how—with humor, great visuals, and real-life scenarios.
Hundreds of colorful drawings, diagrams, and photos support easy-to-follow, expert nursing instruction on the many skills needed for physical exams and assessments of every body system, from head to toe. Fulfill the requirements of student nursing—and start your nursing practice with a high standard—with this top-level direction on performing solid, accurate health assessments!
Benefit from the expert wisdom of this invaluable guide, featuring . . .
- NEW content on geriatric care from the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders, Fourth and Fifth Edition (DSM-4 and DSM-5)
- Simple-to-use and easy-to-follow guidance on all aspects of health assessment
- Fully illustrated examples of best practices – Current nursing standards for each type of assessment
- Support for accurate assessment – Guides you through the anatomy and assessment processes for each body system or health issue, including skin, hair, and nails; eyes and ears; nose, mouth, throat, and neck; pregnancy, and the respiratory, cardiovascular, gastrointestinal, musculoskeletal, neurologic, and genitourinary systems
- Step-by-step guidance on examination skills with photos, diagrams, drawings, and descriptions for areas including:
- Use of examination tools and equipment
- Choosing, using, and interpreting assessment tests
- Spotting abnormalities
- Palpating the nose and maxillary sinuses
- Measuring diaphragm movement
- Percussing the chest
- Measuring vision
- Assessing eye muscle function
- Hearing and voice assessments
- Special chapter features:
- Take Note – Real-life examples of documentation for complex conditions
- Outside the norm – Photos and explanations of abnormalities
- Memory board – Memory tricks that help you remember vital concepts and key treatments
- Symptom synopsis – Symptoms, key facts, and possible causes for numerous conditions
- Skill check – Expert guidance, backed by real-life photos, on how to examine and assess different body systems and functions
- Q&A – End-of-chapter quizzes—puzzles, riddles, and multiple-choice questions to help you retain essential information
Lippincott Williams & WilkinsRead More*Manual de bolsillo de signos y síntomas. Incluye la descripción de más de 500 signos y síntomas organizados de forma alfabética y por aparatos y sistemas.
Además de la teoría básica, el ejemplar incluye apéndices sobre: signos y síntomas poco frecuentes y tablas sobre: agentes de bioterrorismo y obtención de historia clínica.
Cada apartado incluye:
- Anamnesis y exploración física
- Causas médicas y de otro tipo
- Aproximación diagnóstica
- Intervenciones de urgencia
- Consejos de exploración
- Consejos para el paciente
Lippincott Williams & WilkinsRead MoreThe easy-to-relate-to guide that every medical-surgical nursing student and novice needs!
Perform safe, accurate, up-to-date nursing protocols with this expert, colorfully-illustrated guidance
Expert Data + Wise Insights, this essential, fully-updated book is your personal guide to assessing and treating the common disorders of each body system, with current best practices on:
- Understanding anatomy, etiology, and pathophysiology
- Taking health histories
- Doing physical assessments
- Diagnostic testing, including patient preparation and monitoring
- Current NANDA International nursing diagnosis guidelines
Full-color visuals + real-world guidance with colorfully illustrated, quick-read content offering step-by-step protocols for areas such as:
- Cancer, gerontology, and end-of-life care
- Administering fluids and electrolytes; maintaining acid-base balance
- Pain management
- Blood transfusion reactions
- Use of CT scans, MRIs, and x-rays for each body system
- Preoperative care
- Surgical processes
- Classifying and treating heart failure
- Treating acute and chronic renal failure
Easy-to-follow = Easy-to-remember with clinical tips and nuggets in each chapter offering real-world support:
- A closer look – Illustrations and charts that explain anatomy, physiology, and complex pathways
- Education edge – Practical tips for patient teaching
- What you need to know – Essential pointers for handling real-life patient scenarios
- Just the facts – Brief outline of content at the start of every chapter
- What do I do? – Steps to take in emergency situations
- Weighing the evidence – Current evidence-based practice pointers
- Memory jogger – Memory tricks that help you remember vital concepts and key treatments
- Quick quiz – End-of-chapter riddles and multiple-choice questions to help you retain vital content
Lippincott Williams & WilkinsRead MorePerform nursing procedures safely and accurately, with the freshly updated Nursing Procedures Made Incredibly Easy, Second Edition. Written in the popular, lighthearted Incredibly Easy style, this comprehensive guide offers expert, step-by-step direction on a broad range of fundamental and system-based nursing procedures. This enjoyable way to learn nursing’s best practices will help you stay up-to-date with the latest in technology, nursing standards, NCLEX preparation, and safe, quality care.
· NEW and updated content offers:
o crucial patient care methods
o current nursing practice guidelines
o directions for using the latest medical technology
o directions for ensuring patient safety and providing quality care
· Coverage of topics including:
o Fundamental nursing procedures - Easy-to-follow algorithms for a patient’s entire hospital stay, from intake to discharge, including surgical care
o Specimen collection - Clear directions on collecting blood, urine, and other specimens
o Physical treatments - Techniques for heat and cold application, baths, support devices, wound care, drug administration, I.V. therapy, and more
o System-based procedures - Directions on procedures for all body systems
· Clear direction to meet the needs of your maternal, neonatal, and pediatric patients
· Easy-to-follow format for each procedure - Quick-skim paragraphs and bulleted lists specify equipment, step-by-step instructions, and practice pointers
· Nursing procedures guides such as comparing biological dressings and assessing pressure ulcers
· Special features:
o Just the facts – Outline of chapter content at start of every chapter
o Write it down - Essential documentation points for each procedure
o Ages and stages – Issues where patient’s age impacts a procedure
o Handle with care - Patient care tips for elderly, pediatric, and bariatric patients
o Memory joggers – Simple tricks for remembering complex concepts
o Warning - Possible dangers, risks, complications, or contraindications associated with a particular procedure
o Quick Quiz – Questions & Answers at the end of every chapter
Lippincott Williams & WilkinsRead MoreThis package contains the following products:
- 9781496317278 Orth Essentials of Radiologic Science, 2e
- 9781496317292 Mason Essentials of Radiologic Science Workbook, 2e
Lippincott Williams & WilkinsRead MoreKnow the how and why of common conditions—and assess them accurately—with the newly updated Pathophysiology Made Incredibly Visual, 3rd Edition.
Fully illustrated in the popular Made Incredibly Visual style, this essential guide offers easy-to-follow explanations for the causes and mechanisms of numerous common disorders, listing symptoms and indications for each. Use this as the perfect study guide for the NCLEX® or certification exam, to support class materials, and to absorb the pathophysiology principles every nurse needs to know.
Absorb the expert wisdom and insights of this invaluable guide . . .
- Walks you through the development stages of numerous diseases and disorders, illustrating their cellular process, symptoms, and effects on tissue and organs
- Explains cell parts and their functions, as well as cell division, adaptation, injury, and stress and disease
- Hundreds of photos, illustrations, and diagrams explaining key concepts and providing clear direction on how to recognize common conditions
- Supports accurate diagnosis and treatment – Common disorders for each major body system, such as:
- Cardiovascular – Acute coronary syndromes, aortic aneurysms, cardiomyopathy
- Respiratory – ARDS, asthma, chronic bronchitis, lung cancer
- Neurologic – Alzheimer’s, cerebral aneurysm, migraine headaches
- Gastrointestinal – Cholecystitis, cirrhosis, Crohn’s disease
- Musculoskeletal – Carpal tunnel syndrome, herniated disk, osteoarthritis
- Hematologic – Anemia, leukemia, sickle cell disease
- Immune – AIDS, allergic rhinitis, rheumatoid arthritis
- Endocrine – Adrenal hypofunction, diabetes mellitus, metabolic syndrome
- Renal – Acute renal failure, acute tubular necrosis, pyelonephritis
- Integumentary – Acne, burns, pressure ulcers
- Reproductive – Breast, cervical, ovarian, and prostate cancer
- Special chapter features:
- Vision Quest – End-of-chapter quizzes in the form of puzzles, riddles, and multiple-choice questions, to help you retain vital information
- Risky business – Risk factors to be aware of while treating each condition
- How it happens – The physiological process that creates a particular condition
- What to look for – A list of symptoms for each condition
- Age-old story – Discusses how a condition develops and presents, according to the patient’s age
- Memory board - Visual tricks that help you remember vital concepts and key treatments