Prepare your students for success in their allied health careers with Memmler’s The Human Body in Health and Disease
. Acclaimed for its innovations in pedagogy and approach, the book has already helped hundreds of thousands of allied health students (including those with little or no background in science and/or weak language skills) to master the content of the course. From its pioneering use of phonetic pronunciations to its pedagogically effective skin-to-bone transparencies of the human body, to this edition’s new personalized chapter-by-chapter quizzes powered by prepU; this book continues to set the standard for the one-semester course.
Continuing the tradition of excellence that has made the book a classic, this edition prepares students for success in their healthcare careers through easy-to-understand, beautifully illustrated coverage of the essentials of human anatomy, physiology, and the effects of disease. Throughout the book, anatomical art illustrates concepts with accuracy, simplicity, and elegance; medical case studies enhanced with additional clinical content demonstrate the relevance of the content to a career in the health professions; and unique pedagogy helps students master the anatomic and medical terminology they will encounter in healthcare settings.
Now more engaging, easier to learn from, and easier to remember than ever before, the Thirteenth Edition features a clear, friendly writing style; a dramatically enhanced design, photo, and art program; a wide array of in-text and online learning tools tailored to the needs of allied health students; and an unparalleled suite of instructor and student resources designed to save you time and help your students succeed. Student Resources
- Personalized chapter quizzes powered by prepU help each student learn more, while giving you a window into your students' progress by highlighting misconceptions, strengths, and weaknesses.
- Chapter pre-quizzes help students pinpoint areas of focus.
- Online animations make complex concepts and processes easier to understand.
- An online learning style assessment helps students identify their personal learning style, so that they can maximize their use of the wide range of online learning activities on thePoint.
- Eleven different types of learning activities, including multiple-choice, true/false, key terms, fill-in-the-blank, look and label, audio flash cards, word anatomy, piece it together, zooming in, listen and label, and body building, help students study and review.
- An audio glossary pronounces and defines key medical terms.
- Supplemental images and tables enhance student understanding
- Study and test-taking tips help students master chapter content and prepare for exams.
- Career Information boxes showcase a variety of health careers.
- Answers to the text’s Questions for Study and Review help students master key concepts.
- Maximize your study time, improve your performance on exams, and succeed in this course with the for-sale Study Guide.
- Personalized chapter quizzes powered by prepU help each student learn more and give you a window into your students' progress by highlighting misconceptions, strengths, and weaknesses.
- An improved online Instructor's Manual provides a wide range of resources to support your teaching, including tips for using the book in a flipped classroom or for online learning.
- A robusttest generatorbank makes building tests and exams quick and easy.
- A complete image bank with additional images enhances lecture and exam preparation.
- Online animations can be incorporated into your lectures to help your students better understand complex concepts and processes.
- Answers to Study Guide Questions are provided for your convenience.
- Lesson Plans make the text easier to teach from.
- Pre-loaded PowerPoint presentations speed lecture preparation.
In addition, you can package the text with a number of books and resources, depending on your course goals and teaching preferences.
- For a greater focus on medical terminology, package the text with Barbara Cohen’s, Medical Terminology: An Illustrated Guide 7e.
- To increase students’ success and pass rates in the course, package the text with prepU.
- To give your students even more opportunities to practice and review, package the text with the Study Guide.
- To provide your students with the ultimate success package, bundle the text with prepU and the Study Guide.
- To give your students a clinically based on-line lab experience without expensive equipment, package the text with A.D.A.M. Interactive Anatomy Online: Student Lab Activity Guide, 4e.