Jonathan S. Berek, Neville F. HackerRead MoreGet the evidence-based, practical guidance you need to provide state-of-the-art care to women with gynecologic cancers. From diagnosis through medical and surgical management, Berek and Hacker's Gynecologic Oncology, 6th Edition delivers invaluable knowledge and expertise on every aspect of gynecologic malignancies. Ideal for gynecologic oncologists and fellows, general gynecologists, and medical and radiation oncologists, this new edition clearly translates basic science to clinical practice, making it your go-to source for everyday reference.
- Concise, comprehensive coverage ensures your access to current knowledge of general principles, as well as medical and surgical treatment for the full range of gynecologic cancers: cervical, breast, ovarian, vulvar and vaginal, and uterine.
- Evidence-based, templated chapters speed you directly to the information you need.
- Extensively revised, separate chapters on the latest innovations in laparoscopy and robotics keep you up to date.
- Expert authorship, including the expertise of numerous international contributors, keeps you at the forefront of your field and helps you prepare for board exams.
- New illustrations and drawings, as well as pathology slides and clinically-relevant diagrams, help you visualize key concepts.
- Complete content with enhanced navigation
- A powerful search tool that pulls results from content in the book, your notes, and even the web
- Cross-linked pages, references, and more for easy navigation
- Highlighting tool for easier reference of key content throughout the text
- Ability to take and share notes with friends and colleagues
Jonathan S. BerekRead MoreBerek and Novak’s Gynecology is the gold standard text in general gynecology serving both as a comprehensive reference and a practical, clinically-oriented text. This reference is not only a must-have product for residents in training, but it offers information for the practicing physician. The book covers the entire spectrum of women's healthcare by offering guidance for the management of specific gynecologic conditions in eight sections. The first two sections cover principles of practice and initial assessment and the relevant basic science. The third section is on preventive and primary care for women, and the remaining five sections are directed at methods of diagnosis and management in general gynecology, operative general gynecology, urogynecology and pelvic reconstructive surgery, reproductive endocrinology, and gynecologic oncology.
- Question/Answer bank for review online only
- Update on robotics in gynecology
- Website to include images and fully searchable text
- Full-color design that helps users quickly facilitate information
- Popular open design so customers can take important notes in the margins
- Text covers the basics of anatomy and physiology of the female reproductive tract to the management of complicated gynecologic conditions
Marc A. Fritz, Leon SperoffRead More
Established for more than thirty years as one of the world's most widely read gynecology texts, Clinical Gynecologic Endocrinology and Infertility is now in its Eighth Edition. In a clear, user-friendly style enhanced by abundant illustrations, algorithms, and tables, the book provides a complete explanation of the female endocrine system and its disorders and offers practical guidance on evaluation and treatment of female endocrine problems and infertility. Major sections cover reproductive physiology, clinical endocrinology, contraception and infertility. This edition has a modern full-color design.
A companion website includes the fully searchable text, image bank and links to PubMed references.
Carla P. Roberts, Diana Broomfield, Lisa MarcucciRead More
This pocket book succinctly describes 152 errors commonly made in obstetrics and gynecology in all clinical settings and gives practical, easy-to-remember tips for avoiding these errors. Easy to read during a short rotation, the book identifies all the key pitfalls in data gathering, interpretation, and clinical decision making.
Each error is described in a short, clinically relevant vignette, followed by a list of things that should always or never be done in that context and tips on how to avoid or ameliorate problems. Coverage includes all areas in obstetrics and gynecology that are tested on certification and recertification exams.
Tamara Callahan, Aaron CaugheyRead MoreBlueprints Obstetrics and Gynecology provides students with a concise review of content for their ob/gyn rotations and the Boards. Each chapter is brief and includes pedagogical features such as bolded key words, tables, figures, and Key Points. New features in this edition include an image bank and a For The Boards section, which presents 4 clinical vignettes with 3-5 sequential item set-style questions at the end of each chapter. Additionally, 100 bonus board-format questions with answers and rationales appear at the end of the book; another 50 bonus questions are provided online.
Leon Speroff, Philip D. DarneyRead More
The thoroughly updated Fifth Edition of this practical handbook is a current, reliable, and readable guide to the intelligent use of today's contraceptive options. The authors provide the essential information that clinicians and patients need to choose the best contraceptive method for the patient's age and medical, social, and personal characteristics.
The book concisely covers all available drugs and devices. Each contraceptive method is covered in a single chapter that includes history of the contraceptive, method of action, pharmacology (when applicable), contraindications, and use. This edition includes new and updated information on new oral contraceptive pills, transdermal and vaginal delivery, post-pregnancy contraception, use of Essure for sterilization, and uses of contraceptives for non-contraceptive indications.
American Society for Colposcopy and Cervical PathologyE. J. Mayeaux, J. Thomas CoxRead MoreLas dos primeras ediciones de este libro fueron publicadas por la Sociedad Americana de Colposcopia y Patología Cervical (ASCCP). Este libro se considera el estándar de la colposcopia y tiene la reputación de ser el mejor modo de enseñar al residenteque quiere cerrar la brecha entre la evidente necesidad de una mayor detección temprana del cáncer cervical, vaginal, y enfermedad vulvar y la educación intensiva necesaria para una colposcopia.
El propósito de la sociedad y del libro es proporcionar una educación sobre el tracto genital inferior a través del uso de la colposcopia. Incluye las disciplinas de la patología, citología, citogenética, la medicina preventiva, la investigación básica, la oncología ginecológica, y la endocrinología que son relevantes para la comprensión de la fisiopatología de los procesos de las enfermedades del tracto genital inferior.
Anatomical Chart CompanyRead More
Common Gynecological Disorders chart is an excellent tool to help physicians, nurse practitioners, and nurses explain common gynecological diseases to patients. Organized by main presenting symptom, such as abnormal vaginal bleeding, abnormal vaginal discharge, and regional pain, the chart covers the most common gynecological disorders. Each topic has a simple, brief textual explanation and an easy to understand image.
The chart defines normal and abnormal menstrual cycles and illustrates female reproductive anatomy. Grouped by main symptom, the disorders covered include:
- Cervical lesions
- Endometrial hyperplasia
- Von Willebrand's Disease
- Polycystic Ovary Syndrome (PCOS)
- Vaginal and uterine atrophy
- Eating disorders and extreme exercise
- Hormonal imbalances
- Asherman's syndrome
- Ovarian cysts
- Pelvic Inflammatory Disease (PID) and pelvic adhesions
- Candidiasis (yeast infection)
- Bacterial vaginitis
- Trichomoniasis vaginitis
- Chlamydia and gonorrhea
Made in the USA.
Available in the following versions :
- 20" x 26" heavy paper laminated with grommets at top corners ISBN 9780781773515
- 20" x 26" heavy paper ISBN 9780781773508
Ronald S. Gibbs, Beth Y. Karlan, Arthur F. Haney, Ingrid E. NygaardRead More
A core reference for residents and practitioners for over 40 years, Danforth's Obstetrics and Gynecology is now in its Tenth Edition—thoroughly revised and reorganized to provide complete, authoritative coverage of the modern clinical practice of obstetrics and gynecology. This edition has a new co-editor, Ingrid Nygaard, MD, a urogynecologist. A new urogynecology section includes chapters on urinary and fecal incontinence and overactive bladder. Other new chapters cover stillbirth and psychological disorders of pregnancy and the postpartum. This edition also features a modern two-color design, problem cases, boxed pearls and pitfalls, key points at the beginning of each chapter, and more algorithms, tables, and bulleted lists.
A companion Website offers the fully searchable text and an image bank which now allows any clinician, either in training or practice, to have in one place what they need to know. (www.danforthsobgyn.com)
Lakshmi SeshadriRead More
This book is part of the LWW India publishing program. This program is developed for the Indian market working with Indian authors who are the foremost experts in their respective fields. Our Indian authors do research and teach at the most respected Indian medical schools and academic hospitals.
This book is a comprehensive, simple text book for undergraduates. The contents will help in acquiring a basic understanding of the subject without having to refer multiple books. Evidence based guidelines are provided. It is the work of an author based on her personal clinical experience and educational skills
for nearly three decades in this subject and who is dealing with Undergraduates everyday in the class and wards. The text is supported with illustrations and line diagrams, wherever necessary to enhance learning. The text covers the basic gynecology topics in addition to new topics & guidelines. It is suitable for developing countries, practical and easy-to-follow.
Roger K. Freeman, Thomas J. Garite, Michael P. Nageotte, Lisa A MillerRead MoreFetal heart rate monitoring affects the lives of millions of women and infants every year in the United States alone. Used by all members of the obstetric team - nurses, students, midwives, and physicians – it is the primary method to assess fetal oxygenation in both the antepartum and intrapartum setting. Improving outcomes and promoting patient safety depends upon correct use and interpretation of fetal heart rate monitoring, and is crucial to daily obstetric practice. This fourth edition provides the obstetrical team a framework within which to interpret and understand fetal heart rate tracings and their implications. The text covers key issues as the physiological basis for monitoring, a discussion of fetal hypoxemia and neonatal encephalopathy, instrumentation and pattern recognition. In addition to an in-depth review of the standardized NICHD nomenclature and three-tiered FHR Category approach, there are chapters on intrapartum and antepartum management as well as fetal central nervous system effects on monitor patterns. Since fetal monitoring is primarily a screening tool there are also discussions on the use of backup methods for evaluation of abnormal patterns. This 4th edition also brings the addition of Lisa A. Miller CNM, JD, who provides a nursing and midwifery perspective as well an enhanced legal and risk management review.
This new fourth edition includes:
Plus, with this edition clinicians have access to a companion website with full text and an image bank for fast & simplified clinical review.
- Review of neonatal encephalopathy and recent studies on CP
- Currentinformation and discussion of most recent NICHD panel recommendations, both antepartum and intrapartum
- New chapter on Pitfalls in EFM
- Detailed chapter on risk management, liability & documentation
- New section on fetal maternal hemorrhage
- Update on new instrumentation
- Crucial information on maternal/fetal coincidence and FDA warnings
- All chapters include updated practice tips and clinical implications for the entire obstetric team
K. Joseph HurtRead MoreEjemplar de obstetricia y ginecología de la popular serie de bolsillo, con contenido apto para la consulta rápida del estudiante, residente y profesional de la especialidad. Su contenido concentra información valiosa en un texto muy resumido conservando el ya clásico y conocido estilo de la serie de bolsillo. Organizado en 21 secciones, cubre de forma breve todo el espectro de la salud de la mujer grávida y no grávida incluyendo la atención ginecológica en paciente sana y en estados mórbidos. Los primeros capítulos abarcan la atención y control ginecológico normal (detección oportuna de cáncer, control lipídico, anticoncepción programada y de urgencia, entre otros temas), atención médica en urgencias ginecológicas y consideraciones quirúrgicas y anestésicas en la paciente ginecoobstétrica. La segunda parte trata sobre condiciones ginecológicas generales y comunes en la práctica diaria, atención ginecológica en la paciente pediátrica y adolescente y cirugía pélvica y uroginecológica. La última sección aborda el muy en boga tema de la infertilidad y sus causas más frecuentes. La siguiente sección aborda temas de obstetricia: cuidado antenatal, trabajo de parto eutócico y distócico, y padecimientos sistémicos asociados con el embarazo y organizados por sistemas corporales: cardiovascular, respiratorio, nefro-urinario, gastroenterología, hematología, endocrinología, dermatología, enfermedades infecciosas, y oncología ginecológica. Adicional al contenido textual incluye también cinco útiles apéndices con fundamentos de anatomía ginecoobstétrica, procedimientos quirúrgicos y no quirúrgicos comunes, referencia de medicamentos, algoritmos de soporte avanzado cardiológico y de resucitación neonatal básica.
Michele Curtis, Silvia T. Linares, Leah AntoniewiczRead MoreStay on top of the latest advances in the ambulatory care of women with Glass' Office Gynecology, 7e, today’s most up-to-date and practical guide to the common issues seen every day by women’s health providers in an office setting.
Chapters mirror the common issues seen by practitioners and include epidemiology of gynecologic disease, examination tips, laboratory testing, diagnostic procedures, treatment and appropriate follow up, as well as referral for specialty treatment and counseling. Clinical notes make this book a handy resource for the busy practitioner.
Guy I. BenrubiRead More
Revised and updated for its Fourth Edition, this practical, portable, and affordable handbook is designed for rapid reference in the office or emergency room. It focuses on diagnosis and treatment of common emergencies in female patients and features numerous treatment algorithms, bulleted lists, and tables, plus ample illustrations including ultrasound. Coverage addresses all emergent conditions and non-emergent problems, such as sexually transmitted diseases, that frequently present in emergency departments. This edition has been updated to address current challenges such as complications arising from medical and surgical abortion, medical and psychological problems arising from sexual assault and other gynecologic traumas, and emergent conditions due to chemical-biological warfare.
Elmar P. SakalaRead More
This concise, outline-formatted book serves as a preparation for USMLE examinations and for course review. In addition to the traditional High-Yield™ Series features, this book contains Patient Snapshots, Clinical Pearls, and a table summarizing common syndromes located in the back of the book. Numerous illustrations and tables supplement the text.
Richard L. Sweet, Ronald S. GibbsRead More
Thoroughly updated and now featuring more than 100 full-color illustrations, the Fifth Edition of this comprehensive reference provides current, complete diagnostic and therapeutic information on infectious diseases of the female genital tract. This edition includes new chapters on human papillomavirus and the new vaccines and on infection as a cause of neonatal brain damage. The book emphasizes an evidence-based approach to recommendations and presents current guidelines for treatment of sexually transmitted diseases. The presentation of material has been streamlined to produce a smaller, more user-friendly text, and the format has been modified to include additional algorithms and tables.
A companion Website will offer the fully searchable text and an image bank.
Jessica L. Bienstock, Harold E. Fox, Edward E. WallachRead MoreFrom the Department of Gynecology and Obstetrics at The Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine comes the Fifth Edition of this outstanding resource. The Johns Hopkins Manual of Gynecology and Obstetrics is your on-the-spot reference for virtually any situation you’ll face in obstetrics, high-risk obstetrics, gynecology, reproductive endocrinology, infertility, and gynecologic oncology. It’s also highly effective as a review tool for certification or recertification exams.
- Find information quickly with an easy-to-use outline format, modeled after The Washington Manual® of Medical Therapeutics.
- Stay up to date with new information on minimally invasive surgical techniques; new diagnostic tools; and recent advances in conception, infertility, genetics, and prenatal diagnosis.
- Provide more effective patient care with a newly revised primary care chapter that reflects current practice standards and a new chapter on patient safety.
- Benefit from the knowledge and expertise of residents and attending physicians in obstetrics and gynecology at The Johns Hopkins University
- Trust the manual that’s been used with confidence for more than 15 years by house officers, medical students, and practitioners who deal with obstetric and gynecologic diseases and disorders.
- Complete content with enhanced navigation.
- Powerful search tools and smart navigation cross-links that pull results from content in the book, your notes, and even the web.
- Cross-linked pages, references, and more for easy navigation.
- Highlighting tool for easier reference of key content throughout the text.
- Ability to take and share notes with friends and colleagues.
- Quick reference tabbing to save your favorite content for future use.
Procedures DVD and ManualKenneth D. HatchRead More
This full-color surgical manual and companion DVD demonstrate the laparoscopic operations done in gynecologic oncology. The background section describes the disease and the role of laparoscopy in treatment or staging. Over 100 full-color photographs show the dissected anatomy and the steps of the surgical procedures and provide a convenient refresher in the operating room.
The DVD contains nine surgical videos: right paraaortic node dissection; left paraaortic node dissection; right pelvic node dissection; nerve sparing laparoscopic radical hysterectomy; laparoscopic resection of endometrioma; supracervical hysterectomy; laparoscopic node dissection and radical trachelectomy; retroperitoneal space; and operating on an obese patient. The videos show how the operative dissection is done to expose the anatomy.
Arthur T. EvansRead More8.ª edición de un manual introductorio a la obstetricia dirigido a estudiantes de medicina, residentes y enfermeras. También para clínicos de especialidades distintas de obstetricia.
- Texto presentado en formato de apartados con bullets.
- Tablas, algoritmos y dibujos que complementan la explicacón textual de los conceptos complejos.
- Explicaciones sencillas.
- Nueva sección sobre problemas de intervención y sobre trastornos endocrinos.
- Capítulos sobre Enfermedades neurológicas, enfermedades placentarias, preeclampsia y parto pretérmino, actualizados y ampliados.
- Se añade un nuevo capítulo sobre terapia fetal, que sigue la nueva perspectiva de considerar al feto como un individuo con sus especiales necesidades de atención.