Introductory Maternity and Pediatric Nursing
1056 Pages, 212.72 x 276.23 mm
1056 pages, 212.72 x 276.23 mm
- ISBN: 9781496346643
- October 2017
This price is valid for the United Kingdom, change location to view local pricing and availability
Highlights of the 4th edition:
- NEW & UPDATED CONTENT , including the latest NANDA terminology, American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists (ACOG) guidelines, the Baby Friendly Initiative, medication updates, and more, prepare you for practice in today’s rapidly changing healthcare environment.
- UNIQUE! A built-in workbook at the end of each chapter includes NCLEX-PN-style review questions, study activities, and critical thinking "What Would You Do?" exercises.
- NEW! Concept Mastery Alerts highlight commonly misunderstood concepts and provide helpful explanations to clarify them.
- Chapter-opening case studies foster critical thinking.
- A Nursing Process approach prepares you to write individual care plans by walking you through each step of the nurse’s role in data collection (assessment), relevant nursing diagnosis, outcome identification, planning, implementation, and evaluation.
- First-person narratives help you understand the feelings of clients and their family members.
- Cultural Snapshots encourage you to think about cultural differences when caring for your clients.
- Learning Objectives and Key Points , which set goals for understanding and highlight must-know information, help you master important concepts.
- Test Yourself questions allow you to check your understanding as you go.
- Clinical Secrets highlight safety concerns and other important topics to prepare you for on-the-job challenges.
- ENHANCED online student resources include NCLEX-PN-style questions (revised to reflect the latest test plan) including new alternate format questions), drug monographs, maternity and pediatric nursing videos, audio glossaries, dosage calculation quizzes, and more.
- Comprehensive instructor resources include guided lecture notes, PowerPoint presentations, test generator, image bank, QSEN competencies, concept-based curriculum maps, quizzes, assignments, and more.
- UNIT I: OVERVIEW OF MATERNAL AND PEDIATRIC HEALTH CARE
- Chapter 1: The Nurse's Role in a Changing Maternal–Child Health Care Environment
- Chapter 2: Family-Centered and Community-Based Maternal and Pediatric Nursing
- UNIT II: FOUNDATIONS OF MATERNITY NURSING
- Chapter 3: Structure and Function of the Reproductive System
- Chapter 4: Special Issues of Women's Health Care and Reproduction
- UNIT III: PREGNANCY
- Chapter 5: Fetal Development
- Chapter 6: Maternal Adaptation during Pregnancy
- Chapter 7: Prenatal Care
- UNIT IV: LABOR AND BIRTH
- Chapter 8: The Labor Process
- Chapter 9: Pain Management during Labor and Birth
- Chapter 10: Nursing Care during Labor and Birth
- Chapter 11: Assisted Delivery and Cesarean Birth
- UNIT V: POSTPARTUM AND NEWBORN
- Chapter 12: The Postpartum Woman
- Chapter 13: Nursing Assessment of Newborn Transition
- Chapter 14: Nursing Care of the Normal Newborn
- Chapter 15: Newborn Nutrition
- UNIT VI: CHILDBEARING AT RISK
- Chapter 16: Pregnancy at Risk: Conditions that Complicate Pregnancy
- Chapter 17: Pregnancy at Risk: Pregnancy-Related Complications
- Chapter 18: Labor at Risk
- Chapter 19: Postpartum Woman at Risk
- Chapter 20: The Newborn at Risk: Gestational and Acquired Disorders
- Chapter 21: The Newborn at Risk: Congenital Disorders
- UNIT VII: HEALTH PROMOTION FOR NORMAL GROWTH AND DEVELOPMENT
- Chapter 22: Principles of Growth and Development
- Chapter 23:Growth and Development of the Infant: 28 Days to 1 Year
- Chapter 24:Growth and Development of the Toddler: 1 to 3 Years
- Chapter 25:Growth and Development of the Preschool Child: 3 to 6 Years
- Chapter 26:Growth and Development of the School-Aged Child: 6 to 10 Years
- Chapter 27:Growth and Development of the Adolescent: 11 to 18 Years
- UNIT VIII: FOUNDATIONS OF PEDIATRIC NURSING
- Chapter 28: Data Collection (Assessment) for the Child
- Chapter 29: Care of the Hospitalized Child
- Chapter 30: Procedures and Treatments
- Chapter 31: Medication Administration and Intravenous Therapy
- UNIT IX: SPECIAL CONCERNS OF PEDIATRIC NURSING
- Chapter 32: The Child with a Chronic Health Problem
- Chapter 33: Abuse in the Family and Community
- Chapter 34: The Dying Child
- UNIT X: THE CHILD WITH A HEALTH DISORDER
- Chapter 35: The Child with a Sensory/Neurologic Disorder
- Chapter 36: The Child with a Respiratory Disorder
- Chapter 37: The Child with a Cardiovascular/Hematologic Disorder
- Chapter 38: The Child with a Gastrointestinal/Endocrine Disorder
- Chapter 39: The Child with a Genitourinary Disorder
- Chapter 40: The Child with a Musculoskeletal Disorder
- Chapter 41: The Child with an Integumentary Disorder/Communicable Disease
- Chapter 42: The Child with a Psychosocial Disorder
- Appendix A: Standard and Transmission-Based Precautions
- Appendix B: NANDA-Approved Nursing Diagnoses
- Appendix C: The Joint Commission's “Do Not Use” List of Abbreviations, Acronyms, and Symbols
- Appendix D: Good Sources of Essential Nutrients
- Appendix E: Breast-Feeding and Medication Use
- Appendix F: Cervical Dilation Chart
- Appendix G: Growth Charts
- Appendix H: Pulse, Respiration, and Blood Pressure Values for Children
- Appendix I: Temperature and Weight Conversion Charts
- Appendix J: Recommended Childhood and Adolescent Immunization Schedules
- English-Spanish Glossary
- References and Suggested Readings
Publication Month: October, 2017
Product Format: Paperback
Height x Width: 276.230 x 212.720 mm
Weight: 1.928 kg
Number of pages: 1056 pages
Bisacs: MEDICAL / Nursing / LPN & LVN