Primary Care Medicine
Office Evaluation and Management of the Adult Patient, Seventh edition
1648 pages, 212.72 x 276.23 mm, 175
1648 pages, 212.72 x 276.23 mm, 175 illustrations
- ISBN: 9781451151497
- June 2014
This price is valid for the United Kingdom, change location to view local pricing and availability
Primary Care Medicine ’s digital format and quarterly updates ensure current, point-of-care decision support. New, online resources include a recommended curriculum for trainees and faculty, emphasizing a core knowledge base needed for all members of the primary care team, and access to state-of-the-art, condition-specific decision grids to facilitate patient participation in shared decision-making.
- Interactive eBook with searchable text with quarterly updates integrating important new evidence
- Unique problem-based chapter organization covers the spectrum of adult primary care, including expanded sections on complementary and alternative therapies, men’s and women’s health issues, ADHD, posttraumatic stress disorder, and biologic therapies for cancer and autoimmune disorders.
- All chapters are completely updated with new data from nearly 3000 of the latest and best randomized trials, systematic reviews, meta-analyses, and cost-effectiveness studies, addressing such issues as revised treatment goals for diabetes, hypertension, and hypercholesterolemia; new oral anticoagulants for stroke prophylaxis; new antiviral therapies for HIV and hepatitis C; new diagnostic standards for mental health disorders; and best approaches to screening for lung cancer and coronary disease.
- New sections on evidence-based approaches to team care that enhance patient outcomes.
- Over 300 tables, figures, and photographs, many in color.
- Bulleted recommendations, blending best consensus guidelines with approaches to personalizing care.
- Searchable text with quarterly updates integrating important new evidence
- Complete content with enhanced navigation
- A powerful search tool that pulls results from content in the book, your notes, and even the web
- Cross-linked pages, references, and more for easy navigation
- Highlighting tool for easier reference of key content throughout the text
- Ability to take and share notes with friends and colleagues
- Quick reference tabbing to save your favorite content for future use
“Compared with other primary care books written for use in the office at the point of care, Primary Care Medicine is the one to own.” Journal of the American Medical Association
5 STAR REVIEW from Doody's Review Service!
Weighted Numerical Score: 100 - 5 Stars!
"This comprehensive reference covers the vast expanse of outpatient primary care. The editors have chosen their contributors well to pare down the information to the essentials . The tables are highly intuitive and well presented . There are numerous references for further reading. A full-text online version available through Inkling is very easy to access and navigate . The Inkling version works equally well on a laptop, IPad. or an Android smartphone. The different formats all are easy to read and allow changes in font size. The figures also translate extremely well in all the formats. The electronic version has a number of very nice features, such as accessing the references by tapping on the citation number, and has content not included in the print version.
This is a valuable book that is equally easy to use in different formats -- print, IOS and Android. It is well organized and comprehensive without being overly detailed . It is very useful for practicing clinicians , focusing on pertinent facts yet making the references easy to find ." - Vincent F Carr, DO, MSA, FACC, FACP, Uniformed Services University of the Health Sciences, on behalf of Doody's Review Service
Publication Month: June, 2014
Product Format: Hardcover
Height x Width: 276.230 x 212.720 mm
Weight: 3.447 kg
Number of pages: 1648 pages
Bisacs: MEDICAL / Internal Medicine