174 pages, 152.40 x 228.60 mm, 31
174 pages, 152.40 x 228.60 mm, 31 illustrations
- ISBN: 9781496319708
- March 2016
This price is valid for the United Kingdom, change location to view local pricing and availability
What is a fractional excretion, and how does measuring it help in clinical practice?
Is it helpful to diagnose a triple acid-base disturbance, or is it just a mental exercise?
Focusing on the areas that are particularly challenging for trainees, Dr. David Leehey presents 20 of the most perplexing and clinically relevant nephrology questions faced by medical students, residents, and nephrology fellows and attendings. His three decades of teaching experience provide real-world perspective on topics such as complex acid base disturbances, sodium concentration disorders, and the utility of urine anion and osmolal gaps. This concise title is an excellent teaching and learning tool for anyone who needs expert insight on this often-difficult subspecialty of medicine.
- Provides accurate, concise answers to 20 of today’s most difficult questions in nephrology.
- Pays particular attention to the principal concepts involved with each challenging nephrology question.
- Includes questions that involve controversy in treatment, such as the use of bicarbonate to treat metabolic acidosis and phosphorus binders to treat hyperphosphatemia.
- Complete content with enhanced navigation
- Powerful search tools and smart navigation cross-links that pull results from content in the book, your notes, and even the web
- Cross-linked pages, references, and more for easy navigation
- Highlighting tool for easier reference of key content throughout the text
- Ability to take and share notes with friends and colleagues
- Quick reference tabbing to save your favorite content for future use
The author has vast teaching experience and has compiled an interesting collection of common questions in nephrology.
The book covers a variety of topics, most of which are difficult for trainees to grasp or which have controversial aspects of management.
The questions ending each chapter greatly enhance the learning potential of each topic
In general, the book is easy to follow and would be ideal for a brief consult month or ambulatory rotation .
"I plan to share this with my colleagues for our nephrology rounds."
Doody's Star Rating ®: 3 stars Score: 78
-Doodys Publishers' Club, Friday, November 11, 2016
Publication Month: March, 2016
Product Format: Paperback
Height x Width: 228.600 x 152.400 mm
Weight: 0.272 kg
Number of pages: 174 pages
Bisacs: MEDICAL / Nephrology