The Bethesda Handbook of Clinical Hematology
576 pages, 152.40 x 228.60 mm
576 pages, 152.40 x 228.60 mm
- ISBN: 9781496354006
- May 2018
This price is valid for the United Kingdom, change location to view local pricing and availability
- Discusses the pathophysiology, natural history, risk factors, diagnosis, management, and follow-up of common hematological diseases.
- Contains new information on diagnosis, treatment and management of myelodysplastic and myeloproliferative disorders; leukemias and lymphomas; disorders of hemostasis and thrombosis. Features new diagnostic and treatment strategies, updated references, and revised information throughout.
- Ideal for the student, resident, or fellow on a hematology or oncology service, as well as the internist, hospitalist, family practitioner, and pediatrician who sees patients with blood diseases.
- Perfect as an everyday reference or for board review.
Enrich Your eBook Reading Experience with Enhanced Video, Audio and Interactive Capabilities!
- Read directly on your preferred device(s ), such as computer, tablet, or smartphone
- Easily convert to audiobook , powering your content with natural language text-to-speech
- Adapt for unique reading needs , supporting learning disabilities, visual/auditory impairments, second-language or literacy challenges, and more
“This handbook, intended to fit in a lab coat pocket, is comprehensive and covers a wide range of topics on most of the common hematological diseases including myelodysplastic and myeloproliferative disorders, leukemias, and lymphomas, etc. The main emphasis is on having information at the fingertips that general providers and those in training will find useful.
It is appropriate for medical students, residents, hematology/oncology fellows, internists, family practitioners, pediatricians, and, more broadly, anyone interested in gleaning concise information on the subject.
This easy-to-use book is well conceived and very well organized such that in a few pages, readers can get all the information there is to learn about the practical aspects of the most common hematological diseases. The 28 chapters provide up-to-date information on a wide variety of topics that range from iron and vitamin deficiency, anemia, bone marrow failure syndromes, myeloproliferative disorders, leukemias, and lymphomas. The book also includes chapters on blood transfusion, hemochromatosis, and consultative hematology. Of note, it includes two very useful chapters on how to interpret standard hematological tests as well as one on the basic principles and clinical applications of flow cytometry. Where appropriate, there are illustrations and tables that make a topic easy to read and understand. Finally, each chapter is well documented with citations to relevant and current references in the literature to make this handbook a well-rounded companion.
Written and edited by recognized experts along with senior fellows who have had experience in the clinic, this is an outstanding resource.”
Weighted Numerical Score: 100 - 5 Stars!
Doodys Publishers' Club, June 2018
Publication Month: May, 2018
Product Format: Paperback
Height x Width: 228.600 x 152.400 mm
Weight: 0.635 kg
Number of pages: 576 pages
Bisacs: MEDICAL / Hematology