Fundamentals of High-Resolution Lung CT
Common Findings, Common Patterns, Common Diseases and Differential Diagnosis, Second edition
Sales Date: 2018-10-09
304 Pages, 177.00 x 254.00 mm
304 pages, 177.00 x 254.00 mm
- Trade Paperback
- ISBN: 9781496389923
- October 2018
This price is valid for the United Kingdom, change location to view local pricing and availability
- This new edition includes two-page summaries of each chapter, including; key diseases, facts, and findings, as well as classic images -- useful for review or to better understand CT findings and specific topics
- Every chapter has been updated with new content and new imagery to reflect recent advances and understanding of diseases, and to aid in diagnosis.
- Numerous pathology images have been added to help you better understand disease processes.
- Seminal images are now highlighted so you can compare to more recent findings.
- Covers many commonly encountered diseases like pneumonias, sarcoidosis, and connective tissue diseases, as well as rare diseases.
- Not just for radiologists in practice and residence; specialists in pulmonology and oncology benefit, too!
Enhance Your eBook Reading Experience
- Read directly on your preferred device(s), such as computer, tablet, or smartphone.
- Easily convert to audiobook, powering your content with natural language text-to-speech.
This book covers high-resolution CT and sufficiently covers the fundamental concepts to interpret these examinations. Multiple figures depict examples of each topic and tables appear throughout each chapter, providing a list of differentials. The first edition was published in 2012.
The purpose is to outline four basic principles used in HRCT that are essential in helping to interpret these exams. These are worthy goals set out by the authors, and they accomplish them by providing an in-depth analysis that includes a constellation of HRCT findings, their clinical significance, and their relationship to differential diagnoses, as well as a basic knowledge of lung diseases and their associated findings.
The book meets the needs of the intended audience of radiology residents and attendings. The authors are both experts in their fields.
This book thoroughly covers lung diseases and their associated HRCT findings, effectively accomplishing this by providing an overabundance of highly detailed images depicting examples of each topic. Adjacent to each topic is a useful table of differential diagnoses to consider. The most useful aspect of this book is the use of classic denoted images that provide representative depictions of each disease. Along with this, at the beginning of the book, each chapter is outlined with key details and images that represent some of the important topics in the chapter. This outline is an extremely useful study guide/quick reference.
Overall, this is a useful, easy-to-read, thorough guide to HRCT. This updated edition justifies replacing the previous edition by providing the essential classic images of lung diseases in each chapter and by providing a useful and necessary detailed outline at the beginning of the book.
Weighted Numerical Score: 95 - 4 Stars!
Publication Month: October, 2018
Product Format: Paperback
Height x Width: 254.000 x 177.000 mm
Weight: 0.657 kg
Number of pages: 304 pages