Sports and Exercise Nutrition
Fifth edition, International Edition
720 Pages, 212.72 x 276.23 mm
720 pages, 212.72 x 276.23 mm
- Cloth Over Boards
- ISBN: 9781975106737
- January 2019
This price is valid for the United Kingdom, change location to view local pricing and availability
- eBook available . Faster, smarter, and more convenient, today’s eBooks can transform learning. These interactive, fully searchable tools offer 24/7 access on multiple devices, the ability to highlight and share notes, and much more.
- New coverage. The authors provide new and expanded coverage of such key topics as special populations (diabetes, vegan), micronutrients, and exercise and nutrient prioritization.
- New activities and assignments direct students to the USDA’s Super Tracker, where they can follow a personalized nutrition and physical activity plan and track their food intake and physical activities.
- New Case Studies. Each chapter contains case studies that connects personal health and exercise nutrition. Studies include real world examples that highlight application of dietary guidelines, weight control, body composition assessments, and practical physical activity recommendations.
- Striking full-color art program featuring more than 500 figures and images to bring the content to life .
- An accessible handbook approach makes detailed and challenging material more accessible.
- Focused organization. The book starts with coverage of the basic science of nutrition, builds on that, and ultimately applies the content to diverse exercise science contexts.
- Built-in learning aids . In every chapter, Test Your Knowledge assessments, Personal Health and Exercise Nutrition boxes, Connections to the Past features, Personal Health and Exercise Nutrition activities, Section Summaries, and Additional Insights help students master key content.
- FYIs interspersed throughout the text help bring timely examples to expand on information in the text.
- References include links to current research to help students expand on their knowledge and learning.
Publication Month: January, 2019
Product Format: Hardcover
Height x Width: 276.230 x 212.720 mm
Weight: 1.837 kg
Number of pages: 720 pages
Bisacs: MEDICAL / Sports Medicine