Bates' Guide To Physical Examination and History Taking
Thirteenth edition, International Edition
Sales Date: 2020-08-26
1072 Pages, 212.00 x 276.00 mm, 1391
1072 pages, 212.00 x 276.00 mm, 1391 illustrations
- Cloth Over Boards
- ISBN: 9781975109912
- August 2020
This price is valid for the United Kingdom, change location to view local pricing and availability
Purchase of the new print edition of this Lippincott® Connect title includes access to the digital version of the book, plus related materials such as videos and multiple-choice Q&A and self-assessments.
Confidently Perform Accurate, Efficient, and Effective Physical Examinations.
Master the techniques for successful physical examinations with the #1 choice for complete, authoritative guidance. This highly regarded text includes fully illustrated, step-by-step techniques that outline the correct performance of the physical examination and an easy-to-follow two-column format that correlates examination techniques on the left and abnormalities (clearly indicated in red) with differential diagnoses on the right.
- NEW! Expanded Unit 1 provides an overview of the components of the patient encounter and helps you ensure the most effective information-gathering and decision-making approaches.
- NEW! Key terms are bolded in chapters and correspond to an online glossary with definitions.
- UPDATED! Expanded coverage of special populations familiarizes you with important approaches for persons who identify as LGBTQ, persons with physical disabilities, and diverse populations throughout the life cycle.
- UPDATED! Restructured Regional Exam chapters enhance your understanding of overview material, examination techniques, and health promotion and counseling considerations.
- UPDATED! Photographs, illustrations, and references reinforce key content based on the latest evidence-based information.
- UPDATED! Text boxes are numbered to provide quick access to important summaries of clinical conditions and tips for challenging examination techniques.
- Clinical pearls, printed in blue, highlight key points at a glance.
- Detailed, highly illustrated tables of abnormal conditions display examination and clinical information in an easy-to-find, quick-reference format at the end of each chapter.
- Full access to the digital version of the book with the ability to highlight and take notes on key passages for a more personal, efficient study experience.
- Carefully curated resources, such as interactive diagrams, audio and video tutorials, and self-assessment, all designed to facilitate further comprehension.
- Pool content from books across your entire library into self-created Study Collections based on discipline, procedure, organ, concept or other topics.
- Display related text passages, video clips and self-assessment questions from each book (if available) for efficient absorption of material.
- Annotate and highlight key content for easy access later.
- Navigate seamlessly between book chapters, sections, self-assessments, notes and highlights in a single view/page.
CHAPTER 1 Approach to the Clinical Encounter
CHAPTER 2 Interviewing, Communication, and Interpersonal Skills
CHAPTER 3 Health History
CHAPTER 4 Physical Examination
CHAPTER 5 Clinical Reasoning, Assessment, and Plan
CHAPTER 6 Health Maintenance and Screening
CHAPTER 7 Evaluating Clinical Evidence
UNIT 2 Regional Examinations
CHAPTER 8 General Survey, Vital Signs, and Pain
CHAPTER 9 Cognition, Behavior, and Mental Status
CHAPTER 10 Skin, Hair, and Nails
CHAPTER 11 Head and Neck
CHAPTER 12 Eyes
CHAPTER 13 Ears and Nose
CHAPTER 14 Throat and Oral Cavity
CHAPTER 15 Thorax and Lungs
CHAPTER 16 Cardiovascular System
CHAPTER 17 Peripheral Vascular System
CHAPTER 18 Breasts and Axillae
CHAPTER 19 Abdomen
CHAPTER 20 Male Genitalia
CHAPTER 21 Female Genitalia
CHAPTER 22 Anus, Rectum, and Prostate
CHAPTER 23 Musculoskeletal System
CHAPTER 24 Nervous System
UNIT 3 Special Populations
CHAPTER 25 Children: Infancy through Adolescence
CHAPTER 26 Pregnant Woman
CHAPTER 27 Older Adult