Cases in Hospital Medicine
Sales Date: 2019-12-14
240 Pages, 152.00 x 228.00 mm
240 pages, 152.00 x 228.00 mm
- Trade Paperback
- ISBN: 9781975111571
- December 2019
This price is valid for the United Kingdom, change location to view local pricing and availability
- Provides an evidence-based approach to clinical cases most often encountered by hospitalists, including the key questions in these situations, such as:
- What sort of diuretic regimen—bolus or continuous infusion—should I use to remove fluid from a 73-year-old man with acute congestive heart failure?
- How soon should a 49-year-old woman with gallstone pancreatitis undergo prophylactic cholecystectomy?
- What are the risks and benefits of continuing aspirin therapy perioperatively in patients undergoing noncardiac surgery?
- What is the optimal anti-inflammatory agent for a 60-year-old man with acute gouty arthritis?
- Maintains a clinical focus throughout, discussing the most practice-relevant questions for hospital-based clinicians and providing answers to specific clinical dilemmas.
- Covers a wide variety of frequently-seen situations such as skin and soft tissue infection, pneumonia, alcohol withdrawal, sepsis, COPD exacerbation, syncope, atrial fibrillation, pancreatitis, acute kidney injury, end-of-life care, and much more.
Enrich Your eBook Reading Experience
- Read directly on your preferred device(s), such as computer, tablet, or smartphone.
- Easily convert to audiobook, powering your content with natural language text-to-speech.
Publication Month: December, 2019
Product Format: Paperback
Height x Width: 228.000 x 152.000 mm
Weight: 0.385 kg
Number of pages: 240 pages