The Essential Physics of Medical Imaging
Fourth edition, International Edition
1200 Pages, 177.00 x 254.00 mm, 771
1200 pages, 177.00 x 254.00 mm, 771 illustrations
- Cloth Over Boards
- ISBN: 9781975167660
- November 2020
This price is valid for the United Kingdom, change location to view local pricing and availability
- Features a new introductory overview, plus new information on informatics-oriented concepts, multisource and other x-ray tubes, new quality control procedures for digital radiography, digital breast tomosynthesis, dedicated breast CT, best practices in minimizing fluoroscopy dose to patients and staff, dosimetry in x-ray imaging, 3T and 7T MRI, MR artifacts and solutions, ultrasound elastography, nuclear cardiology, total-body PET imaging, and much more.
- Provides clear but detailed explanations of the basic science important to nuclear imaging, including the physical properties and production of radioactivity, radiation detection and measurement and completely updated chapters on radiopharmaceuticals and internal dosimetry, SPECT and PET/CT.
- Addresses topics common to all forms of diagnostic imaging, including image quality and medical informatics as well as the non-ionizing medical imaging modalities of MRI and ultrasound.
- Introduces a completely updated radiation biology section with current concepts in biological effects at the molecular, cellular and organ systems levels as well as the acute radiation syndrome and the latest assessment of potential biological effects to the fetus, children and adults from medical imaging procedures, as well as principles for effective risk communication.
- Updates the radiation protection section relevant to all aspects of medical imaging to the latest concepts in patient and staff protection, including current Joint Commission and regulatory quality assurance requirements, as well as radiological emergency medical management.
Publication Month: November, 2020
Product Format: Hardcover
Height x Width: 254.000 x 177.000 mm
Weight: 0.002 kg
Number of pages: 1200 pages