Biomechanical Basis of Human Movement
Fifth edition, International Edition
212.00 x 276.00 mm
, 212.00 x 276.00 mm
- Cloth Over Boards
- ISBN: 9781975169527
- February 2021
This price is valid for the United Kingdom, change location to view local pricing and availability
Purchase of the new print edition of this Lippincott® Connect title includes lifetime access to the digital version of the book, plus related materials such as videos and multiple-choice Q&A and self-assessments.
The ideal introductory text for a rigorous approach to biomechanics, Biomechanical Basis of Movement, Fifth Edition helps build a precise, comprehensive grasp of the full continuum of human movement potential.
Focusing on the quantitative nature of biomechanics, this exacting but approachable text applies laws of motion and mechanics to in-depth analysis of specific movements, integrating current literature, meaningful numerical examples, relevant applications, hands-on exercises and functional anatomy, physics, calculus and physiology. Content is organized into sections that build upon each other to offer a structured introduction to biomechanics as it relates to exercise science. The extensively updated Fifth Edition emphasizes clinical relevance with integrated examples and questions and offers an expansive suite of digital resources, including new artwork, animations, and multiple eBook options to make mastery of biomechanics more accessible than ever.
- UPDATED! Content reflects the latest perspectives on functional anatomy and highlights the clinical relevance of biomechanics for successful Allied Health practice.
- UPDATED! Extensively revised illustrations clarify anatomical structures and movements in full color.
- NEW! Animations available within the VitalSource® eBook and on thePoint reinforce functional anatomy and mechanical motion concepts with vibrant detail.
- NEW! Problem calculators built into the VitalSource® eBook, provide essential practice using different formulas to answer questions.
- Chapter objectives, outlines, and summaries focus your attention on essential concepts and reinforce key takeaways.
- Review questions at the end of each chapter test your comprehension and challenge you to apply concepts in a clinical context.
- Lifetime access to the digital version of the book with the ability to highlight and take notes on key passages for a more personal, efficient study experience.
- Carefully curated resources, such as interactive diagrams, video tutorials, organ sounds, and self-assessment, all designed to facilitate further comprehension.
- Pool content from books across your entire library into self-created Study Collections based on discipline, procedure, organ, concept or other topics.
- Display related text passages, video clips and self-assessment questions from each book (if available) for efficient absorption of material.
- Annotate and highlight key content for easy access later.
- Navigate seamlessly between book chapters, sections, self-assessments, notes and highlights in a single view/page.
Publication Month: February, 2021
Product Format: Hardcover
Height x Width: 276.000 x 212.000 mm
Weight: 0.131 kg
Bisacs: MEDICAL / Sports Medicine