Histology: A Text and Atlas
with Correlated Cell and Molecular Biology, Ninth edition, International Edition
Sales Date: 2023-09-15
1104 Pages, 212.00 x 276.00 mm, 839
1104 pages, 212.00 x 276.00 mm, 839 illustrations
- Trade Paperback
- ISBN: 9781975181574
- September 2023
This price is valid for the United Kingdom, change location to view local pricing and availability
Combining a reader-friendly textbook and a rich, full-color atlas, Histology: A Text and Atlas: With Correlated Cell and Molecular Biology, 9th Edition, equips medical, dental, health professions, and undergraduate biology and cell biology students with a comprehensive grasp of the clinical and functional correlates of histology and a vivid understanding of the structural and functional details of cells, tissues, and organs.
The 9th Edition of this bestselling resource reflects the latest advances in cellular and molecular biology and relevant imaging techniques, accompanied by large, high-resolution illustrations and full-color photomicrographs that clarify microanatomy in vibrant detail. System chapters align conveniently with curricula units and emphasize a clinical context, making this proven approach ideal for integrated curricula as well as standalone histology courses.
To accommodate reviewers' suggestions, the ninth edition integrates new information in cell biology with clinical correlates, which readers will see as new clinical information items highlighted in blue text and in clinical boxes (called "Folders"). For example, the last few years of the COVID-19 pandemic has sparked interest about the changes in normal tissue when infected by the severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus 2 (SARS-CoV-2) virus. Several chapters contain descriptions of these changes with underlying explanations of cellular and molecular mechanisms and clinical features presented by patients. Additional changes include the following:
- A new discussion on the mononuclear phagocytic system and the cell biology of resident tissue macrophage has been added.
- The latest research findings in immune cell activation have been incorporated.
- Updated cellular biology topics include beige adipose tissue, the epithelial–mesenchymal transition, conjunctiva- associated lymphatic tissue, biogenesis and function of peroxisomes, and microsomes as the newest discovered form of cell-to-cell communication.
- New, more detailed information about the histology of the female and male external genitalia has been included.
- The skin chapter has been supplemented and updated with many new additions, including of skin color and aging.
- With the constant improvement in microscopic methods, a new basic discussion on three-dimensional (3D) microscopy methods was incorporated in the methods chapter.
Publication Month: September, 2023
Product Format: Paperback
Height x Width: 276.000 x 212.000 mm
Weight: 0.002 kg
Number of pages: 1104 pages